Self, Short to Long Range
Affinity is a Hex in Dark Souls 2. To cast a Hex, you must use a staff/chime or Special Weapons that can cast Hex.
"An advanced hex based on an ancient sorcery. Creates a dark mass that seems to pursue its target with a will of its own.
It appears to be a manifestation of an emotion. Perhaps of hate, perhaps of love.
- Straid of Olaphis, Kobolds outside of Aldia's Keep.
- Can be dropped by the Prowler Hounds outside of Aldia's Keep.
- Similar to Pursuers from DkS1. Cast a number of orbs that deal dark damage. The orbs target and home to the closest enemy. This spell is useful for setting up other spells in PvP, ie. Great Resonant Soul.
- Number of orbs depend on the Int stat. Maximum number of orbs (5 orbs) can be obtained at 60 Int. 1 orb at 20 Int and every additional 10 Int adds another orb.
- This spell doesn't scale with whatever staff you're using, but it scales with your dark BNS. (I used it on black witch staff +10 and untouched sorcerer's staff, both had exactly 800 damage).
- Once cast, the orbs will last for 30 seconds before disappearing. The duration is not affected by the Lingering Dragoncrest Ring, as mentioned on the rings page.
- If an orb hits something, it will disappear. If you cast Affinity before crossing a fog gate, you will lose all the orbs.
| Anarchist's Glass Cannon Build | | Climax | | Dark Dance | | Dark Fog | | Dark Greatsword | | Dark Hail | | Dark Orb | | Dark Paladin Anti-Mage | | Dark Samurai | | Dark Weapon | | Darkstorm | | Dead Again | | Great Resonant Soul | | Hexes | | Lifedrain Patch | | Profound Still | | Promised Walk of Peace | | Recollection | | Repel | | Resonant Flesh | | Resonant Soul | | Resonant Weapon | | Scraps of Life | | Twisted Barricade | | Whisper of Despair |