Brotherhood of Blood is a PvP covenant in Dark Souls 2. It is a dueling covenant that is focused around 3 dedicated arena venues.
How to Join Brotherhood of Blood
The covenant leader, Titchy Gren, can be spoken to in a small area found after the Executioner's Chariot boss fight. The player must have a Token of Spite in their possession before speaking to the covenant leader in order to join.
Upon joining the covenant, players can queue for duels at the three statues near Gren. Again, a Token of Spite must be present in the inventory in order to duel. The token will not be expended; it need only be present.
When facing the statues, the three arenas are as follows:
- Left statue: A relatively long bridge that connects one side to another. Falling off the bridge will result in death.
- Middle statue: A labyrinthine arena with two levels. There are stairs in the four corners of the arena which lead to the second level.
- Right statue: A large circular stage with wooden scaffolding in the center. There are steps that lead to the top of the structure.
Note: If no one is currently available at a chosen arena, the player will be paired with a duelist in either of the other two arenas.
To improve rank for this covenant the player must achieve victory in the dueling arenas or vanquish blue phantoms summoned by members of the Way of Blue during an invasion.
Being defeated in a duel will result in the loss of one rank point. However, according to Namco Bandai customer support, it is not possible to lose rank by failing an invasion.
- When invading, defeat the Blue Sentinel summoned as help, and the devotion to the covenant will go up +2. (Added with Patch 1.10)
- You do NOT gain rank from successful invasions.
|0||1 Token of Spite||Crest of Blood|
|1||50 rank points||Curved Twinblade ; aesthetic red aura as a dark spirit|
|2||150 rank points||Crescent Sickle ; aesthetic neon red glow as a dark spirit|
|3||500 rank points||Great Chaos Fireball, Gren Set|
- Using the 'Talk' option with Titchy Gren, after reaching rank 3 in the covenant, will cause him to give you his scythe and armor set.
- If both players have full health when the duel timer ends in the arena, the duel ends in a draw, and the message "STALEMATE" will appear.
- It is recommended that player record their own victories and defeats in dueling arenas, because the game does not.
- As of regulation 1.08, healing items and spell restoration items such as Amber Herb can no longer be used during a duel. Repair Powder can still be used in order to counter corrosive weapon, or for infinite casts of special attacks.
- You still can heal by casting healing miracles such as Great Heal or the healing pyromancy Warmth, or by certain equipment like the Ring of Restoration, Loyce Shield, Crown of the Ivory King, but also upon each successful hit of Butcher's Knife.
- While fighting in the arena, with a duel that ends in both players defeat. The victory will be given to the player who died last.
- Unlike other pvp, covenant arenas do not pair players up according to soul memory. Players can be paired up with anyone in the same play through. [I fought the same guy two times in a row using two different characters (150SL and 200SL). So keep in mind that Soul Level doesn't mean much here.]
List of Usable Items in Arena
|Useable Items||Unusable Items|
|Repair Powder||Estus Flask|
|Firebomb, Black Firebomb||Amber Herb / Twilight Herb / Wilted Dusk Herb|
|Throwing Knives||Monastery Charm / Dragon Charm|
|Witching / Hexing / Lightning / Corrosive / Holy Water Urn||Divine Blessing|