Denial is a Miracle in Dark Souls 2. To cast a Miracle, you must use a chime or Special Weapons that can cast Miracle.
An ancient miracle owed to the cardinal of Shulva.
Challenge fate one time when HP reaches 0.
Originally intended to grant the dying a few moments for a final farewell.
- Dragon's Sanctum
- Inside the circular door near the spike field. The player must shoot arrows at switches to open it.
- Denial Miracle Location
- Added with DLC | Crown of the Sunken King
- Once the player receives a lethal blow while this Miracle is active, it revives you with 1 HP left. The effect is similar to Second Chance from Demon's Souls.
- Does not prevent death from fall damage.
- Does not prevent death from the giant boulder in Memory of Jeigh.
- Lasts roughly 240 seconds. (tested since Ivory King DLC)
- It is probably meant to be this way, but you can only have 1 cast per spell (scroll) you have. Tested with 99 attunement even if on the page its says you get 2 casts after 50 atn for spells that start with 1 cast.
- While wearing the Northern Ritual Band you get a second cast from Denial. You also get a second cast while wearing the Hexer's Hood. (Tested with 40 faith 30 attunement.)
- You cannot have Denial then cast Sacred Oath on yourself at the same time. The Denial icon disappears when you cast Sacred Oath. Tested in the Memory of Jeigh on the Giant Lord. (the same happens when you cast resonant flesh)
- You can also increase casts by 1 with Saint's Hood.
- It can't be used in conjunction with Great magic Barrier
- It also Cant be used with Balms.
- Consuming Green Blossom cansels the effect.