Engraved Gauntlets is an Attire or Armor in Dark Souls 2.
|Requirements & Bonus|
"Stone gauntlets engraved with odd writing. Said to bring good fortune to the wearer.
The wealthy merchant Fiorenza searched for these rare and precious gauntlets his entire life, but was not the one who found them."
Effect: Rare chance normal attacks become critical hits
- Found in Brightstone Cove Tseldora, in a chest behind a sand trap just before crystal mine. The inner door is unlocked with Tseldora Den Key received after helping either Mild Mannered Pate or Creighton the Wanderer.
- Upgraded with Twinkling Titanite.
- Gauntlets offer the highest petrification resistance and second highest curse resistance.
- Effect: rare chance (5%) that normal attacks become critical hits (with 1.5x damage). A distinctive sound is heard when it happens.
- Tests show that actual critical hit chance is closer to 15%.
- Gauntlets are compatible with bows, crossbows, spells, backstabs, ripostes, consumable throwing items and even guard breaks, though obviously no extra damage is applied in this case.
- It seems that weapons degrade faster while Engraved gauntlets are used.
- Counter damage WILL be applied to the attacks (assuming the attack that procs the effect is a counter) which can deal borderline ridiculous damage when combined with Old Leo Ring and a thrusting weapon with high counter damage modifier, such as Espada Ropera or Shadow Dagger.
- Gauntlets have great synergy with items that hit more than once or quickly such as curved swords or Channeler's Trident.
- Gauntlets also combine well with Vanquisher's Seal, resulting in more than 800 barehand damage with 2 handed strong attack with every critical hit.
- Gauntlets are often used in pvp as that crit could be the deciding factor of the fight.
First row = Regular. Second row = +5
|Name & Icon|
|Engraved Gauntlets C 0 5.5 55|