Forgotten Key is a Key item in Dark Souls 2.
"Key found in the Black Gulch Intricately designed, but of unknown origin. All manner of terrible things must have been cast into the Gutter in Majula, forming a settlement of filth and chaos"
- Open an arched door in Black Gulch to access Darkdiver Grandahl.
- Open a door in The Gutter to obtain Havel's equipment.
- Open a door in the pit within Majula for 3 chests, containing(from left to right); Soul Vortex, Witchtree Branch and Witchtree Bellvine, Great Lightning Spear.
- In Scholar of the First Sin this room will also contain a corpse carrying the Dragon Talon.
- Found by defeating 2-4 (number vary by how many phantoms you have summoned) giants hidden underneath the Black Gulch.
- In the big room with the Giants, if you run along the edge to the left or right, you will reach a room containing a chest with Ring of Giants +1 and Petrified Dragon Bone. And from that room you can safely snipe them off with a bow or by using spells.
- They are very weak against poison. The poison damage can reduce them to half health with one complete duration. It takes 4 - 5 poison daggers to get the effect going.
- If you log out underneath the Black Gulch directly after beating one giant, the key will appear in your inventory upon logging back in.