Fragrant Branch of Yore
Fragrant Branch of Yore is a type of consumable in Dark Souls 2.
- Unpetrify the player or NPCs.
- Things Betwixt: Dissolve a statue in front of final door - now guards an Estus Flask Shard.
- Majula: Dissolve Rosabeth of Melfia at the entrance to the Shaded Woods for access to Pyromancies and the ability to upgrade the Pyromancy Flames.
- Heide's Tower of Flame: Dissolve a statue in the flooded corridors after the Dragonrider fight and before the No Man's Wharf bonfire to gain access to an Estus Flask Shard.
- Lost Bastille: Entrance to the Ruin Sentinels boss fight - leads to the Servants' Quarters bonfire and Belfry Luna (past a Pharros' Contraption)
- Lost Bastille: Dissolve the petrified Straid of Olaphis to have access to his spells, armours, and boss soul items, as well as the Straid's Cell bonfire.
- Black Gulch: Dissolve a statue blocking the last bonfire (second) as well as a summon sign for Lucatiel of Mirrah.
- Shaded Ruins: Near Manscorpion Tark, behind a tunnel leading from the sand pit - dissolving spawns the body of Vengarl. Killing it unlocks the Head of Vengarl as a summonable NPC.
- Shaded Ruins: Straight after Vengarl, there is another one. Dissolve it to create a shortcut back to the bridge and to find a chest containing Sublime Bone Dust. (this only opens the shortcut, the chest can be reached from the bridge)
- Shaded Ruins: Dissolve a statue of a lion in front of a metal chest, containing the RepairSorcery, 3 Bleeding Serums and 3 Human Effigies.
- Shaded Ruins: Dissolve a lion statue above Darkdiver Grandahl, you'll get the Lion Mage Set and another branch.
- Shaded Ruins: Dissolve the statue near the tree bridge at the Shaded Ruins Bonfire and the bonfire and you'll get the Fang Key.
- Shaded Ruins: Dissolve the statue at the back of the Shaded Ruins area where the golden lion roams, and when you kill the enemy he drops the Warlock Mask
- Shrine of Amana: Dissolve the statues blocking the entrance to the Milfanito shrine (where you can pray to regain humanity)
- Aldia's Keep: Dissolve the cyclops for the Dragon Acolyte Mask.
- Aldia's Keep: Dissolve the left hand statue in front of the large caged basilisk for 2 x bonfire ascetics
- Aldia's Keep: Dissolve the right hand statue in front of the large caged basilisk for a 2 x Wilted Dusk Herb and 2 x Elizabeth Mushroom.
- Dragon Aerie: Dissolve the statue on the rope bridge blocking the entrance to the Dragon Aerie.
- Needed to unpetrify Straid of Olaphis
- Needed to unpetrify Rosabeth of Melfia
- Unpetrify the Ogre in Aldia's keep under the dragon skeleton to get a "Dragon Acolyte Mask"
- Unpetrify 3 enemies in the 3rd area of the Shaded Woods
- Merchant Hag Melentia - Only one (12,000)
- Magerold of Lanafir - Only one (7,500)
- At the start of Black Gulch, jumping down from The Gutter
- In The Gutter on a corpse hanging from a plank
- In a chest after defeating the Lost Sinner
- In a chest in the house with poisoned jars in No Man's Wharf
- At the start of the Lost Bastille, passing through there is a way you can drop down a chest with a Covetous Silver Serpent Ring and a Human Effigy
- Obtained by talking to Manscorpion Tark (while wearing the Ring of Whispers). You must defeat Scorpioness Najka for this to happen; summoning Tark is not required.
- In the chest in the Shaded Ruins containing the Lion Mage Set
- Another in the room as loot on a corpse when you rescue Weaponsmith Ornifex
- The last cage (closest to the Guardian Dragon boss) hanging from the ceiling in Aldia's Keep has a Mimic that drops a branch
- Found in a cave in the first poison pit of Harvest Valley
- One in an iron chest in the Undead Crypt, just before Velstadt, on the left of the stairs
- In the Dragon Shrine, after dropping down to the ledge after obtaining the Petrified Egg and defeating Dragonfang Villard, it is in a chest along with the Crystal Magic Weapon Sorcery
- A branch is still dropped by the hollowed Duke in the Lord's Private Chamber after the fight with The Duke's Dear Freja
- The body hanging off the ledge, near the Memory of Jeigh, behind the King's Gate in the forest of fallen giants, now contains 2 x Twinkling Titanite and a branch
- After lighting the statue brazier in the Undead Crypt, two Insolent Spirits will appear in the room with the Leydia Witches after the lone Imperious Knight. One of them drops a branch.
- Harvest Valley: One before The Mines bonfire, in the first rock doorway with poison after a large enemy,
- Harvest Valley: First room after The Mines bonfire on a ledge. Break the wood to the hall on the left then take an immediate right into room of 4 sickle wielding enemies. The branch found through one of the doors.
- The Gutter (Before the bonfire at Black Gulch)
- Shaded Woods: Talk to Manscorpion Tark with the Ring of Whispers equipped (bought from Sweet Shalquoir in Majula) after you've defeated the area boss.
- Shaded Woods: One in the chest containing the Lion Mage Set (Using abranch on the lion warrior outside will allow access,)
- Brightstone Cove Tseldora (Dropped by the Hollow Duke of Tseldora in the Lord's Private Chamber after defeating Duke's Dear Freja.)
- Sinner's Rise: Right next to the Primal Bonfire (in a chest after defeating Lost Sinner)
- Iron Keep: Magerold of Lanafir's Shop (Cost 7500)
- Upon entering a new NG cycle, even if branches are present in your inventory, they cannot be used to unpetrify NPCs and enemies until the respective branches are picked up again in the current playthrough.
- In Scholar of the First Sin, there are 17 branches and 17 statues to be dissolved per NG cycle.