NG+7: ~ 5,200
|Respawns||No (Yes in Heide's Tower of Flame)|
Heide Knight is an enemy in Dark Souls 2. They are first encountered after climbing a ladder beyond the The Crestfallen's Retreat bonfire.
Heide Knight Information
"Heide Knights served as protectors for the ancient Heide kingdom. However, their land sunk into the sea long ago, and only time distortion could explain their presence in Drangleic.
Heide Knights' equipment is made of a special alloy that is incredibly durable. Even after thousands of years, weapons and armors found in game have not deteriorated.
Heide Knights are non-hostile until attacked by players.
Heide Knights have high HP, swift attacks and movement, and deal significant damage. They can surprise and stagger players with their combos.
Heide Knights, although proficient in close ranged combat, have no ranged attacks. They can also be parried and backstabbed. "
- Forest of Fallen Giants - Heide Knight Sword, The Lost Bastille, Shrine of Winter
- The Lost Bastille - Heide Spear
- Shrine of Winter - Heide Lance, Heide Great Lance (NG+)
- Heide Knight Set - Drops from Heide Knights on NG+ also when you've used a Bonfire Ascetic (Can also be obtained on first playthrough with Covetous Gold Serpent Ring +1)
- In the DX11 version, the Heide Knights are now a regular enemy and can drop the Heide Knight Set, as well as the Heide Knight Sword, the Heide Spear, or the Heide Lance in NG (depending on what they're wielding)
- NG: 3,000 Souls,NG+ 6,000 Souls, NG+7: 12,000 Souls.
- The Lost Bastille: Don't let him fall off the edge. If you do, the item drops in the water and you can't get it.
A good strategy for beating them is to bait their attacks and get in a couple swings, as well as back stab fishing when an opening is available. You can also try using a guard break as your opening attack on the knight; if it lands he will stand up and begin to stagger away in a dazed state, leaving him wide open for an easy backstab. Or you can back off from him, and when he start running to get you, you do a power attack staggering him and then roll away from him.
- In Scholar of the First Sin, they appear in Heide's tower, and, while generally non-hostile to begin with, some do attack on sight, and the rest will become hostile and roam the area after the Dragon Rider is killed. They no longer have a 100% drop.