|8770||90,000||Drangleic Castle||Soul of Nashandra|
Queen Regent of Drangleic, who takes her monstrous form immediately after the player defeats the Throne Watcher and Throne Defender boss. She wields a scythe and uses dark magic against the player. Most of her attacks have the potential to kill in one hit. She also summons wisps that will curse you similarly to the Cursed vesselin the Shaded Woods, though they are much faster and can directly damage you. They can be destroyed with any attack.
Nashandra can also be encountered at Drangleic Castle as an NPC, guiding you to seek the Ancient Dragon and the Giants.
Drangleic Castle. Encountered in human form sitting in a faraway throne, right before the dual Dragonrider boss fight arena. Disappears after obtaining the Giant's Kinship.
Throne of Want. To access Nashandra, you need to have defeated Throne Defender and Throne Watcher and obtained the Giant's Kinship.
|Dark Nova||Nashandra charges and releases an explosion of darkness, damaging and knocking back all who are around her.
Hint: She uses this move around 50% HP.
|Back away as soon as you see her charging the dark energy.|
|Vertical Dark Laser||Nashandra lifts her hand and releases a laser which starts near her and ends far from her in a straight line.||Easy to dodge (best to roll away right before she uses it). Can be be blocked but will likely kill you with a 2nd hit due to the stamina drain.|
|Horizontal Dark Laser||Nashandra lifts her hand and releases a laser which moves horizontally covering 1/4 of the area.
As of the new patch this move is much faster than before but can be blocked.
|It's possible to block the laser, but it drains a lot of stamina.
The laser is pointed into the ground, so you can back away from it.
If you're more or less close to Nashandra, it's not difficult to roll under the laser.
|Scythe Swing||Nashandra swings with her scythe once, usually if you're not directly in front of her, but to her sides.
Nashandra can also swing twice slowly then swing again after a second.
|Can be dodged and blocked.|
|Plunge||Nashandra strikes once and hits the ground with her scythe, as if she's stuck, this helps you land some attacks.||Can be dodged and blocked.|
|Lifedrain Patch||Nashandra projects a few orbs which inflict curse and also drain HP continuously if you're close to them.||You can break the orbes with weapons or spells. Ranged attacks are preferable.
As the arena is quite large, you can simply move away from the orbs and wait until Nashandra comes closer, out of the orbs' range. She barely moves if you're close so it's a good strategy, especially with fist weapons (which can't break the orbs)[Caestus, at least, can break the orbs - confirmed on a powerstance dual Caestus run. Bone Fist also breaks the orbs with ease, at least with the 1-handed running attack].
Attack the grey wisps the boss summons to make them disappear. Wait for her to swing and dodge her three swings (An easy way to do this is to roll toward her scythe, it will pass over you and land in front of her, which allows you to attack her back.) then attack. Another strategy is to summon 3 NPCs and shoot her with a bow, however, this is time consuming and the summons will die in the end, avoid attacking all the wisps unless it's completely necessary as the curse might build up and you'll lose hp, kill the wisp closest to you when you enter the boss door in order to create some space for you to attack. To avoid the laser, roll right before she unleashes it, you can see the timing when she moves her hand. It may be worth keeping your Human Effigies in the hotbar as they can restore your cursed health mid fight. You'll need space to use it, plus a healing item afterwards.
Another simple strategy which works for all builds is to wear the Ring of Restoration, Ring of Binding, Dark Quartz Ring (or Dispelling Ring) & Cursebite Ring and buy at least 20 lifegems from Melentia and 30 Holy Waters in the Blue Cathedral. When the battle starts, simply strafe around her once you are able to target her, but watch out about the holes on the platforms if you get too far back.
Destroy the two closest curse constructs and run directly in front of her (continue holding forward running into her). If you are close enough her attacks go right over your head and you can swing away while your NPCs attack. A great club +10 with lighting resin added. This will do about 600+ attack on NG and kill her rather quickly. Use stamina recovery items to make its faster.
Don’t worry about her dark energy constructs and their curse status because you are going to be using the Lifegems to immunize yourself against the curse drain; use a Lifegem as soon as you get cursed and after her next attack use another; between the Lifegems and the Ring of Restoration your health will be fine and you can use the Holy Water to keep out of range while using a good shield or simply use your regular attack strategy while strafing. Don’t forget to pop a lifegem every 20 seconds for the curse damage or in case she hits you with an attack so you don’t have to stop to use your Estus flask.
The Dark Pyromancy Flame is particularly good for this fight because the more hollow you are the more powerful it gets and at full upgrade 2 Flame Swathes can drain almost half her health
Range strategy (solo): I stayed along the outer perimeter shooting Fire Arrows at her, unlocked, with the Hunter's Blackbow +10. The distance baited Nashandra to use her laser attack almost exclusively. Dodge that by simply moving clockwise or counter-clockwise out of the way and then firing more arrows. Once or twice I would kill a curse wisp if it was in my path, but if you use the tip above for negating curse effects you don't have to concern yourself with them. The person above who said using bow is time-consuming is not accurate. I made short work of her with a couple dozen fire arrows. Never took a hit, never was in any danger. I've since replicated this on my second character. By moving slowly around the edge of the field, you basically limit her moves to one (the laser attack) and it's laughably slow and predictable.
(Confirmed) The Range strategy is probably the easiest way to beat the Last Boss. As said above, by distancing yourself from her, she is limited to the lazer beam attack. The lazer beam attacks in two ways. If one stays still, it will shoot directly and slowly climb upwards. If one walks around her, the lazer will start to follow you slowly. My build is a Bandit, with a Dragonslayer Bow +5, and around 200 Lightning Arrows (bought it from Chancellor in Drangleic). Before the fight, it is advised to summon the two phantoms that are provided before the boss battle. If you let the two phantoms fight her alone, you should have enough time to take quick shots at her hp before both of them dies. I gotten her HP down by over a half thanks to them. Once your phantoms are dead, try to strafe around her and try your best to avoid the wisp, and take several shots at her once she tries to summon more wisp. It took me around 1-3 mins, and probably used up around 50 or so arrows to finish her off.
Miracles and Lightning Spears: I used a maxed out Dragon Chime with Lightning infusion and i destroyed her in about 5-6 hits with Greater Lighting Spear and Sunlight Spear. (With 50 Faith and a +5 Lightning Dragon Chime, it took me 14 Great Lightning Spears, while Benhart and Vengarl kept her occupied, The entire fight took less than a minute. - MultiracialLion)
I was able to defeat this boss by baiting her into firing her laser, running in and casting Firestorm right on her. Firestorm would damage her a few times, I would dodge backward to avoid her attacks, bait the laser attack, and repeat. After using 4 Firestorms, finished her off with two Flame Swathes. As for the curse clouds, I would destroy one or two just to give myself room to bait the attack.
Easy Pyromancy + Gower's Ring Strategy: Before entering the fog I popped 4 regular lifegems to negate most of the health drain inflicted by curse. I used my Dark Pyromancy Flame +10 and made sure to have Gower's Ring equipped (I have 30/30 INT/FAI). Upon entering the fog I immediately ran right up towards Nashandra, turned my back to her (IMPORTANT so that Gowers ring works) and unleashed 2 casts of Chaos Storm which took her to a little over quarter health. By this time she had set up her curse clouds and began whacking me with her scythe. Gowers ring negated all damage from her sword and the lifegems were doing a good job of negating the curse damage. I then cast fire Tempest twice to finish her off (after one cast she was all but dead the second was safer than turning to face her to use any other attack). It was all over in seconds. You just have to make sure you keep your back to her so her attacks do no damage thanks to Gowers ring. Nice and easy.
- You do NOT have to fight the Throne Defender, Throne Watcher, Nashandra and the Scholar back to back. It is possible to use a homeward bone or feather IMMEDIATELY after the Throne Watcher and Defender battle ends (it helps to have it on your quick-slots). It worked for me, the Nashandra cinematic played, but as soon as it ended, I was back at the bonfire.
- It is possible to summon 3 NPC's for the boss fight. The first may be found near the back of the statue room near the golem torches. The next two summon signs can be found just outside the fog wall. Bashful Ray, Head of Vengarl, Benhart of Jugo
- The pyromancy Flame Swathe deals pretty good damage on her. By coordinating this with the phantoms and some spell regen items this can make the fight effortless.
- If you defeat Throne Watcher and Throne Defender before the Giant Lord, an alternate cutscene will trigger where Nashandra is already waiting in the boss room for the player, however, the cutscene dialogue is still the same.
- Great Lightning Spear works really well just stay at a safe distance and use gear that allows faster casting, Should defeat her in a matter of minutes.
- Using Ceastus during this fight can prove difficult, as they are unable to hit the cursed orbs to dispel them.
- Using the Rebel's Greatshield with the Dark infusion is immensly helpful for anyone that has it, for it has 100% dark negation and will completely nullify her laser and nova attacks.
- She shares similiar moveset to Darklurker
- When met in human form at Drangleic Castle
You have fought admirably on your journey, cursed Undead.
I am Nashandra, Queen of Drangleic.
A true monarch carries the weight of their souls.
The last king of this land, King Vendrick, as he was called…
He was less of a king than you might imagine.
He found the strength to rule his people, and when the Undead were born, cursed…
He found more strength, to face them.
But in the end, he never took the true throne.
- When talking a second time during the first encounter
We have no need for two rulers…
- When coming back and talking after first encounter, having not activated other triggers
- When talking after killing or just visiting Vendrick
Drangleic is no longer.
- When talking after obtaining the King's Ring
Brave Undead, seek the throne.
Follow the symbol of the monarch, and do what must be done.
- When talking after meeting the Ancient Dragon
Brave Undead, what did that dragon tell you?
That thing is a prop, a false deity. Don't be fooled, my Undead.
- When talking while the Ashen Mist Heart is in inventory
Seek the forest, you, where those wretched Giants slumber.
- Boss introduction cutscene
you have proven yourself to me.
Now, be one, with the Dark…
- This boss is modeled after Manus the Father of Abyss, Gravelord Nito and Crossbreed Priscilla from Dark Souls
- According to the official guide book, she is in fact Manus, or technically, a fragment of various reincarnated Manus.
- By using the sky-walking glitch, you can get to Nashandra on her throne in Drangleic Castle. Hitting her with a melee weapon makes her laugh at you. After three hits, she will start to stand up, but disappear. (You can see the same effect without glitches if you shoot her with a Hunter's Blackbow or Sea Bow while a Hawk Ring is equipped.)
- Nashandra is voiced by Harriet Kemsley, a comedy actress.