| "An altered state of titanite. Use to imbue weapons with power of the mundane. Cannot be used on shields.
People do not look favorably on the banal, but sometimes even the most mundane of objects can cast things in a most pleasant light."
- Can only be used at Blacksmith Steady Hand McDuff
- Used to imbue weapons with power of the mundane. This reduces the normal scaling a weapon has, but adds a mundane scaling. Weapons that are mundane imbued lose half of their base damage and scale in damage based off of your lowest Stat. It gets a starting buff of +50 then for every level in your lowest stat, the weapon will get +6 scaling up until level 20, then the scaling becomes +3 up to level 30, after which the scaling becomes +1.
To get the most out of this infusion, it should only be used for characters with very versatile builds, that put points into every attribute, or on characters with extremely high Soul Levels, that literally have no low stats left. It's best to use this stone on weapons that have minimal scaling. Crossbows and Daggers are good examples of this.
Calculation of whether mundane infusion is an increase or decrease of damage would be:
([Base Damage/2 + Current Mundane Scaling] - [Base Damage + Current Scaling]) = Damage gain/loss
- Mundane weapons still receives scaling even when the weapon durability went zero, this makes it extremely practical for weapons with either low durability or low base damage, especially Darkdrift.
- If two or more lowest stats are equal there would be no increase in scaling over only having one lowest stat.
- Unlike all other infusions, the Ring of Blades will give full 100% bonus damage to mundane weapons (rather than 50% for other infusion paths).
- The Heavy Crossbow is an exception to this (Along with other crossbows,possibly). With 220 AR, it goes down to 33 if infused with mundane. Unsure if this is actually a bug or not.
- Possibly given in exchange for Smooth & Silky Stone with Dyna and Tillo
- Can be found from Crystal Lizards
- Sold by Stone Trader Chloanne after moving to Majula and you have obtained the King's Ring.
- Dropped by Gyrm Warriors in Doors of Pharros
- Gyrm Warriors (Doors of Pharros)
- Primal Knights (Doors of Pharros and Drangleic Castle)
- Hammersmiths (Harvest Valley) (recently two dropped for me on PC, ver. 1.03, cal. 1.06)
||Old Mundane Stone||Mundane|