Shadow Set is an Attire or Armor in Dark Souls 2.
|Requirements & Bonus|
"Used to hide in the cover of night. Those who are especially adept assassins are often hired as bodyguards.
In an attempt to stave off the curse, King Vendrick hired shadowmen to put down the Hollows, but before long they were Hollowed themselves"
- Dropped by Nimble Shadows in No Man's Wharf (NG+ Flexile Sentry boss fight).
- [Scholar of the First Sin] Nimble Shadows appear as regular enemies in No-Man's Wharf (two, next to house at pier exit), The Lost Bastille (one, in the storage with 5 metal chests) and in Earthen Peak (one, next to boss exit).
- Upgraded with regular Titanite.
- Mask offers the highest poison resistance, as well as second highest dark defense (almost equal to that of Executioner helm and Velstadt's helm).
- Gauntlets offer second highest poison resistance (almost equal to that of Northwarder gloves and Tattered Cloth manchettes).
- Gauntlets require 16 DEX and cause bleeding when used for attacking.
- The two suspicious shadows NPC that fight alongside Flexile Sentry have noticeably different headgear: one wears the standard shadow headpiece, while the other appears to wear a crooked helmet that has a hawk-like characteristics. The different headgear does not drop as loot, nor is it usable by the player.
- Mask resembles the one worn by Sealer Ingward from Dark Souls, which is believed to be based on Plague Doctor mask, but without hood. It's also a reference to plague doctor mask attributed to Charles de Lorme. The bird-like beak of the mask was often filled with sweet or strong-smelling substances (commonly lavender) to block the smell of plague-stricken corpses.
First row = Regular. Second row = +10
|Name & Icon|
|Shadow Mask E 0 1.8 60|
|Shadow Top B 0 2.6 60|
|Shadow Gauntlets E 0 1.6 60|
|Shadow Leggings E 0 1.6 60|