Soul of a Giant is a Consumable in Dark Souls 2.
The soul of a Giant who came to conquer Drangleic.
Will the Giants' resentment of the King be pacified in death, or only emboldened?
Can be used to acquire souls, only...
- Adds 10,000 souls. (Consuming the soul is not advised)
- Lower Vendrick's defense bonus when souls are in your inventory.
- Having none in your inventory will give King Vendrick 32x his normal defenses. Having 1 gives him 16x his defenses. Having 2 gives him 8x def, 3 gives 4x def, 4 gives him 2x and having 5 or more results in him having normal defense stats.
- Dragon Shrine. Drop from Ancient Dragon.
- Memory of Orro. On the body of a Giant past two giants and two knights on Ballista.
- Memory of Vammar : At the very end; guarded by a giant
- Memory of Jeigh. On a body of the giant after Giant Lord boss.
- Black Gulch: Requires defeating two giants in a hidden cave. Area is in close proximity to the door for Darkdiver Grandahl.
- It is possible to farm Souls' of A Giant from the Ancient Dragon. Use Bonfire Ascetic at the Dragon Shrine to make him respawn again.
- Also Great Lightning Spear with high faith does a lot of damage.
- The staff hex , despite its short range, is very effective against giants when considering how quickly it can be cast, and the number of casts it naturally provides.
- The miracle hex Great Resonant Soul is very effective against them as well.
- Giants are fairly easy if you poison them. They don't take an incredible amount of damage, but if you can get them poisoned when you need to run or heal yourself, it can prove to be a boon to your survival and ending the fight quicker.
- You keep the soul of giants into NG+
- No longer works after Patch 1.10 but can be used in unpatched version If the player has accidentally used all of their Souls' of A Giant, or they simply require more to defeat Vendrick, the two Giants in Black Gulch can be farmed for subsequent Souls' of A Giant with the use of a Bonfire Ascetic on the Black Gulch Mouth bonfire. This method can also be used to obtain an infinite number of them, should the player desire to do so.
- There is a bug wherein if you kill only 1 of the giants in the hidden cave within Black Gulch then you are summoned to the Belfry Sol by the Bell Keepers' Seal, upon returning you will be given the Forgotten Key and a Soul of a Giant, although killing the other giant does not result in a second Soul of a Giant or Forgotten Key being dropped. (Unsure if this is only if you lose the invasion or if you can win and have the same result.)(<---- Not specific to Belfry Sol, any form of quit-loading will have the same effect.)