Soul of the King is a consumable item in Dark Souls 2.
| Soul of Vendrick, King of Drangleic.
The King was wasted away, a shadow of his former self, but still held something dear.
Use the soul of he who would link the flame to acquire numerous souls, or create something of great worth.
Scholar of the first Sin changed to:
Soul of Vendrick, King of Drangleic.
This great soul beckoned the Dark, overwhelming the King. Perhaps this King, who once ruled the world of men, was a lacking vessel for the true throne.
Use the soul of he who would link the flame to acquire numerous souls, or to create something of great worth..
- Consuming gives 50,000 Souls.
- You must pick up the King's Set in the same room to be able to trade the soul.
- Trade with Weaponsmith Ornifex for:
- Found behind a door located just past the second bonfire in Shrine of Amana, continue forward past two priestesses, and look over to the left when you reach the ruins (not the bonfire ruin). There should be a bridge under the water that leads to some tree roots blocking the path to a door, destroying the roots gives you access to the door, behind the door is a chair with the Soul of the King on it. Only obtainable after having defeated Vendrick in Undead Crypt. Must be human to open (using the Ring of the Dead will not let you get through the door).
- This Item will not respawn with the use of a Bonfire Ascetic
- You need take the armor to exchange the soul. (It's in the same room)
- Using Bonfire Ascetic to defeat Vendrick again does NOT respawn soul