Abyss Seal is a Ring in Dark Souls 2 (DKS2). Players can equip up to 4 Rings, but equipping two of the same item is not possible. Some rings have upgraded versions, having a maximum of +3. Some can only be found in NG+. Rings can be repaired at a blacksmith, but not upgraded. Upgraded versions must be acquired throughout the game from corpses, chests, bosses, etc.
Abyss Seal Effects
- Covenant ring for Pilgrims of Dark. Also increases the power of Hexes by 7.5% at the cost of 30 HP per cast.
Abyss Seal Locations
- Pilgrims of Dark(Meet Darkdiver Grandahl in Shaded Woods, Black Gulch and Drangleic Castle)
- The ring is not required to be equipped for completing the Pilgrims of Dark quests.
- The ring increases damage of Dark Weapon and Resonant Weapon by 7.5% as well. (NOT IN SotFS)
- Dark clutch ring's more Insignificant spell damage increase makes it a better option over the Abyss Seal.
Join the page discussion Tired of anon posting? Register!
On paper, the small amount of HP is worth the damage buff. Until you forget about it and it kills you. It killed me once literally as I struck the final blow to Vendrick. We both died. Into the dark . . . together.
It's more of a pve ring for those annoying enemies that still have like 20hp after one or two dark orbs that you don't want to waste extra casts on. It's also great for buffs
The hex damage increase is actually pretty great
Just got done testing the abyss seal's effect on dark weapon/resonant weapon on hollows in the forest of fallen giants, SOTFS. DOES NOT EFFECT DMG OF DARK/RESONANT WEAPON God fextralife sucks, blatantly wrong***** all over the place. Remember to double check things yourselves folks.
Kinda worth noting the Denial spell does NOT save you from damage caused by this ring. (Tested on PS4 SotFS)
Should be noted that casting with the abyss seal equipped drains a small amount of HP per cast. Tested with dark orbs
Insignificant spell damage
Who the ***** wrote this wiki?