|Effect||Attribute governing number of spells that can be attuned and the number of casts per spell. Also boosts spell casting speed, agility and curse resistance.|
Attunement is an Attribute in Dark Souls 2. Attunement determines your character's attunement slots, casts per spell, and casting speed. Attributes can be increased by assigning points into them when Leveling Up.
Attunement is an attribute governing number of spells that can be attuned. Boosts spell casting speed.
- Raises attunement slots: See table. Maxed at 75.
- Raises maximum stored casts: See table. Starts at 10, max at 94.
- Raises Casting speed
- Raises curse resistance
- Raises Agility
- Slightly increases HP for each point: +2 HP (0-20), +1 HP (21-50), +0 HP (51-99)
- The Bandit begins with the lowest Attunement at 2 and the Sorcerer starts with the highest Attunement at 12.
- Each spell seems to get more charges at a particular amount of attunement points based on the amount of casts it starts off with. For example, a spell that starts with 8 casts can rise to a maximum of 15 casts, while a spell with 2 casts can rise to a total of 5.
- The table below is accurate for MOST (~90% of) spells. (pre-SotFS)
- This table needs to be updated to reflect the current patch version and/or SotFS edition. Multiple spells show additional casts between lvls 75 and 79. More research necessary.
- There are multiple soft caps (meaning "the best amount of pts for the value") for attunement:
- 20 & 30 are the softcaps for attunement slots; recommended value for using enhancement and/or healing spells (ex: magic barrier, sunlight blade, heal, great heal, etc.).
- 50 is the softcap for total spell charges added; recommended value for using offensive spells (any spell that directly deals damage like Soul Arrow & Lightning Spear
- There are two items that increase the number of attunement slots separate from the attunement stat.
- There are another three items that increase the number of spell charges.
|Total charges for a 30 initial cast spell:||30||30||31||31||31||32||34||36||37||37||38||40|
|Total Charges for a 20 initial cast spell:||20||20||20||21||21||22||24||26||27||27||28||30|
|Total charges for a 15 initial cast spell:||15||15||15||16||16||16||17||18||18||?||?||30|
|Total charges for a 10 initial cast spell:||10||10||10||11||11||12||?||?||13||?||?||?|
|Total charges for an 8 initial cast spell:||8||8||8||8||8||9||10||11||12||13||14||15|
|Total charges for a 4 initial cast spell:||4||4||4||4||4||4||5||6||7||7||7||8|
|Total charges for a 3 initial cast spell:||3||3||3||3||3||3||4||5||5||5||5||6|
|Total charges for a 2 initial cast spell:||2||2||2||2||2||2||3||4||4||4||4||5|
|Total charges for a 1 initial cast spell:||1||1||1||1||1||1||1||2||2||2||2||3|
The attunement numbers shown are the numbers at the point an extra slot is added, NOT the number when an extra cast will be added.