Awestone is a covenant item in Dark Souls 2.
- Levels up the Company of Champions covenant.
|1||Offer 10 Awestones||Great Magic Weapon|
|2||Offer 25 Awestones||First Dragon Ring|
|3||Offer 50 Awestones||Vanquisher's Seal|
- Dropped by invading (Red) phantoms. Not dropped by the Bell-Tower invaders (All are Grey Phantoms). Not dropped by Red Sign Soapstone phantoms.
Some NPCs drop them while the player is in the Company of Champions covenant.
- Salamanders (Forest of Fallen Giants)
- Old Knights (Heide's Tower of Flame) (Only dropped by the Ultra Greatsword Old Knights)
- Primal Knights (Doors of Pharros and Drangleic castle)
- Enhanced Undead (Sinner's Rise),
- Hunting Dogs (The Gutter)
- Razorback Nightcrawlers (The Black Gulch)
- Forest Guardians (Shaded Woods)
- Stone Knights (King's Passage)
- Ruin Sentinels (Drangleic Castle)
- Leydia Witch (Undead Crypt)
- Ogres (Things Betwixt, Aldia's Keep, etc)
- Phantoms from mirrors (Aldia's Keep)
- Grave Wardens (Undead Crypt)
- Giant with Dual Club (Memory of Vammar, Memory of Jeigh)
- Flexile Sentry (No-man's Wharf)
- Black Dragon Knights (Dragon Shrine)
- Aldia's Keep Black Phantom - use Bonfire Ascetics to keep respawning the dark phantom in Aldia's Keep until you hit 50 awestones.
- Doors of Pharros Black Phantom - (confirmed on 1.03 ) on NG+ with version 1.00 Bowman Guthry invades every time you walk into the area and gives awestones upon being defeated. Use an ascetic at royal rat authorities bonfire (Ordeal's End), Gyrm's Respite does not affect Guthry's area. Some players may find him easier to farm than Rhoy the Explorer; he doesn't become aggressive until approached, so the Mastodon and Rat at the area's start can be fought separately from him quite easily. He seems to only use non-elemental Avelyn, firing one at a time and with some delay between attacks. He also moves slowly through the water and doesn't evade very often, so fighting him using a 100% damage reduction shield and a melee weapon is very effective at killing him. He is also very easy to poison using Dark Fog. (This method worked for me but I had to go to offline mode before he would invade at all)
When you kill the Mastodon and drop an item, wait to kill the phantom. As soon as he dies pick the item up. Had it become and Awestone and gained an additional Awestone from the red phantom. (Unconfirmed, please verify) (Tested on Ver 1.11 Cal 1.15 Original, received Mastodon Leggings after killing red Phantom)
- The Gutter Black Phantom (s) - If you have released Navlaan, he will invade you in the Gutter near the ladder that leads to Havel's set, after killing him you can return to the bonfire then take the right path and go down to where the undead with the Torch is on the cliff. After clearing out the undead there and going to where the Iron Chest is, upon returning to the cliff where the torch undead was Melinda the Butcher should invade. (Her invasion seems to be scripted sometimes you'll have to repeat going past the chest and making sure all of the cliff enemies are killed before she'll actually invade)
Both Navlaan and Melinda will invade you each time you use and Ascetic I got 30 Awestones using this method as it gets you two Awestones per Ascetic. This is one of the safer ways to farm it with Ascetics since The Gutter is a relatively harmless place to make harder. Also bear in mind that the Wooden chest in Melindas area respawns each time and which has a Twinkling Titanite and 3 Small Smooth and Silky Stones in it.
- Grave of Saints Black Phantom- By far the most effective way to farm 50 Awestones. Go to the Grave Entrance Bonfire in Grave of Saints, and burn a bonfire ascetic. He will invade 12 times before needing to use bonfire ascetics (on the First Bonfire of Grave of Saints). If you can afford a Pharros Lockstone you can easily knock him off the near bridge and still get the Awestone drop direct in your inventory. Rhoy also has a small chance to drop an Awestone in addition to the one deposited to your inventory, so if you can handle him, it might be worth it to kill him in a way where you can get his drop (not from falling off the bridge, for example). Note: the NPC will only spawn once in NG, using bonefire ascetics will make it spawn 12 times per ascetic. With Covetous Gold Serpent Ring +2 and other Item Drop Increase gear you should get 50 Awestones in 4 Ascetics. I got about 20% more Awestones using the Covetous Gold Serpent Ring, Jester's Cap and Prisoner's Tatters. The use of a weapon that can stunlock him is highly recommended or a Great Club using the 2 handed heavy attack.
NOTE: As of SotFS, and ONLY on SotFS, Rhoy will respawn INDEFINITELY at bonfire intensity 2 or higher.
Another way use a lockstone at the floor Rhoy invades and use Lingering Flame across the bridge as the rats will not follow you and will damage him before he gets to you, I was able to kill with 4 and then a few Great Fireballs, have strong armor on to not worry about dodging too often as you will kill him before you lose half,
- The Place Unbeknownest Navlaan - he can be respawned with Bonfire Ascetic from the Giant Lord area, in short infinite supplies of Awestone as long as you have at least 1 Bonfire Ascetic on your hand.
- A very effective method of farming Rhoy the explorer with relative ease