Black Dragon Set
|Requirements & Bonus|
Black Dragon Set is an Attire or Armor in Dark Souls 2. Armor sets do not provide specific benefits, so players are free to mix and match their preferred parts to optimize their Builds.
""Eerily shaped helmet/armor/gauntlets/leggings spoken of in legend, crafted with the scales of the Black Dragon.
The Black Dragon was long considered a mere legend, but this proves its existence.""
- Achieve Rank 1 in the Dragon Remnants covenant to obtain the Dragon Head Stone for the helmet.
- Achieve Rank 2 in the Dragon Remnants covenant to obtain the Dragon Torso Stone for the rest of the set.
- Cannot be upgraded.
- This set provides fair physical defense and excellent elemental defense at an incredibly low weight.
- Leggings offer second highest fire defense (equal to that of Black, Bone King and Saint's boots and almost equal to that of Alonne Knight and Syan's leggings).
- This set gives 0 poise when worn. The only poise you get is from your natural ADP and END.
- This set has the second highest possible durability – 225 points per piece, surpassed only by Havel's set.
- Cannot be removed unless the wearer dies. Ring of Life Protection is recommended in this case if you want to purposefully unequip the set.
- Black dragon scales can be seen under the armor, in between the gauntlets and the chestpiece.
- Dragon Head Stone – Fire Breath.
- Dragon Torso Stone – Damage Buff.
Piece Information & Upgrades
First row = Regular.
|Name & Icon|
|Black Dragon Helm C 0 2.2 225|
|Black Dragon Armor A 0 4.8 225|
|Black Dragon Gauntlets C 0 1.8 225|
|Black Dragon Leggings C 0 2.7 225|
Join the page discussion Tired of anon posting? Register!
love dragon.... want to intimate
do you lose it if you die or can you just use the stones again?
good luck trying to get this with the severs off
"This set provides fair physical defense and excellent elemental defense at an incredibly low weight."
This sounds a bit exaggerated to me, the elemental resistance is a one-trick pony against fire damage at best. The set is also almost twice as heavy as the Hexer's Set while providing just slightly more physical defense and having worse elemental defense across the board, and still zero poise. Prestige is the only reason I can think of why you'd wear this, or if you're too stingy to upgrade your regular armor.
Isn't it a bit too similar to ornstein's armor?
Hiya HA! Io sono la forma di drago di Dark Souls 2!
got to say I love this more than the other two just because it looks epic
Who would win? A dragon-human hybrid, a regular guy dressed as a shiny dragon, or a malnourished goat with gangrene
So you lose the entire set when dying... Great idea. DS2 everyone, worst Dark Souls.
Better than ds3 dragon set
does this set boost melee damage like in dark souls 1?
Does that "Black dragon" name have something to do with Kalameet?
It's one of the few things that buffs sorcery without a nasty penalty (lowered HP, reduced casts, elemental nerf, etc). Nice to be a dragon without looking goatly like DS3.