Black Hollow Mage Set
|Requirements & Bonus|
Black Hollow Mage Set is an Attire or Armor in Dark Souls 2. Armor sets do not provide specific benefits, so players are free to mix and match their preferred parts to optimize their Builds.
"Hood/Robe worn by Hollowed Drangleic mages.
Drangleic mages wore different garb depending on their sex. What function this served, however, is unknown, as with many old practices. This is a women's hood/robe. "
- Starting equipment of Sorcerer class (robe only).
- Dropped by Necromancers in Huntsman's Copse and Undead Purgatory (no respawn outside of boss fight arena).
- Hood is also dropped by Astrologists in Iron Passage.
- Upgraded with regular Titanite.
- Hood grants +1 to INT.
- Hood offers second highest magic defense (almost equal to that of White Hollow Mage hood and Black Witch Veil).
- Male variant is White Hollow Set.
- Hood is inferior and heavier than the white hood despite being rare, while the black robe is better than the white robe despite being heavier.
- Carhillion of the Fold wears this robe (without hood) regardless the fact it is a women's robe.
- It is indicated that the necromancers in Huntsman's Copse are female; it can be identified by the mask.
- The mask is skinned from the Necromancer's face, without lower jaw.
- The robe is their full height according to concept arts, that's why they have no trousers for this set. You can actually see a White Hollow Mage trotting under the robe in Brightstone Cove Tseldora, next to third bonfire.
- Farming the set is possible in Undead Purgatory, by escaping and re-entering Executioner's Chariot boss fight.
First row = Regular. Second row = +10
|Name & Icon|
|Black Hollow Mage Hood E 0 1.9 50|
|Black Hollow Mage Robe B 0 3.3 50|