If you have encountered a minor or a game-breaking glitch, then please list it below. Ex: bosses not moving, immortal foes, stuck in the scenery, etc.
This page is not meant to encourage game glitching and exploits, but rather list the known ones. Also, please don't include details on how to perform glitches and exploits that breaks PvP or the game in general.
- If you have any pre-order/DLC weps, and the game server goes wonky and takes then gives them back to you, YOU WILL LOSE ALL MODIFICATIONS AND UPGRADES MADE TO THEM. (Confirmed)
- By abusing the Binoculars it is possible to sprint really fast for a short distance. The length of the effect is also affected by what weapon you have equipped in the other hand. Also, I was unable to do the glitch on the unpatched version (ps3), so this glitch could have been introduced when something else got patched.
- By abusing the Parry/Riposte mechanics it is possible to walk on air and go out of the map. This also works with ziplines?
- It is possible to get stuck in the wall in the Smelter Demon arena if you stand up against it.
- The Ricard NPC in the Dark Chasm of Old can backstab you into the wall in the tunnel behind him, so you'll be lying on the ground and unable to get back up.This glitch is probably related to the design of the tunnel in that area and not the npc itself.
- The Drangleic Castle gate can close for whatever reason and you can get stuck without being able to re-open it or the door to the first bonfire.
- The first drawbridge in Iron Keep can get stuck in the upper position, and you are unable to pull the lever again. This can happen if you get hit with an arrow and knocked away while you are pulling the lever the first time. - To circumvent the bug you have to do a running jump to the broken staircase with the dull ember to reach the other walkway.
- Killing the Lion Clan Warriors, while they are in the air when jumping down a cliff can result in them getting stuck in a standing pose while dead.
- In Drangleic Castle, jumping off of the elevator to the tower can result in other areas not loading. It can also make physics wonky while the elevator is still moving.
- Unsure how this occurs, but it is possible to make your legs invisible by taking off the legging armor, on all characters, and is irreversible.
- Unsure how this is caused, but a game-breaking glitch where Fragrant Branch of Yore fails to unpetrify non-playable characters, making it impossible to unblock areas and reach certain points in the game, as well as talk to Straid, making it impossible to obtain the items he sells, as well as to reach the bonfire he blocks.
- Unsure how this occurs, but the loading screen can get stuck in an infinite loop making it impossible to load your save. (Both Xbox 360 and Xbox one SotfS) (Can be fixed by either clearing the Cache or removing/reinstalling the game.)
- While loading into another world as a white phantom, or any other color possibly - it happened while being summoned as a white phantom - switching weapons at that moment can cause a permanent glitch resulting in the ability to equip weapons or shields into that weapon or shield slot, but the item will not actually be equipped and it will be an empty fist, and acting as such, and not the equipped weapon.
- In the Shaded Woods, it is possible for the door past the first bonfire to not open and block your progress to the Shrine of Winter. This can be fixed in most cases by exiting The Shaded Woods and loading a new area besides Majula before returning.
- In rare or unknown circumstances, the location the player spawns in may be not fully rendered, leaving everything's texture white and shiny. NPCs seems unaffected by this visibly, though they are silent when their dialogue is read off. Artifacts such as the bonfire and the shrine for the Pilgrims of Dark are unaffected as well.
- On the way to the Gutter, if you fall in the correct position, then you will enter a falling state on the platforms and suddenly get launched up into the air whilst also immediately dying. (Only happened once on the Xbox 360 version, Unconfirmed if it can happen in SotfS.)
- (Not sure if this counts as a glitch) If you bring a hostile NPC/Enemy towards the pit in Majula and parry them near the barrel by the statues to where they will fall off, if you start the riposte animation just before they fall, they will fall and you will fall down towards them at a approximate speedup of 3X. Once you hit them, they will die to the fall damage and you will be unharmed, allowing you to get to the Grave of Saints easily and safely. (Note that if the riposte animation is done at the incorrect time, you will either riposte too early or too late and die to the fall,Discovered by Distortion2)
- When Scorpioness Najka casts soulmass and immediately dives beyond the ground, the orbs will still float in the air up above ground and fire. It is unknown if this is a feature or bug, but in comparison if a player casts soulmass the orbs will stay at head level and will vanish if they come in contact with any scenery.
- While fighting the DLC boss, Raime, if you are cornered into the left side of the darker fog gate, you will then start to redundantly run backwards without stopping. On further examination, instead of running backwards, your copy of Dark Souls II seems to constantly register non-existent backwards movement of the controller. So far, this is proven irreversible. This glitch needs a second source.
- A rare glitch occurs during online co-op, where a boss will lose all of its health when hit once. The cause of this glitch is not known yet.
- With the Parry/Riposte bug it is possible to go out of bounds almost anywhere.
- In Harvest Valley, at the top of the first ladder after the poison mist pool, it is possible to go out of bounds near the right side of the cliff.
- In Huntsman's Copse, if an invader drops down to the hidden cave with the Ricard's Rapier he can get stuck there if the host hasn't opened the shortcut.
- In Harvest Valley at the upper path, right where you enter the area coming from the Skeleton Lords. If you stay at the path above the broken ladder you can get invaded without the invader being able to reach you, since the ladder can't be scaled from below.
- In Brume Tower(Crown of the Old Iron King DLC) by the third bonfire currently floating no scenery at all so staying close to the wall is only option other than falling. (Please explain)
- An odd health bug can occur where your health bar will show a small amount of red (remaining health) but your character will die as if at zero health. Seems to happen when attacked by more than one enemy at the same time?
- A strange glitch can occur where the fire keepers when you enter their hut are pure white in the cutscene, but they aren't there in the actual game, and neither is any NPC not starting in Majula.