Updated Jan 27, 2016 2:17 am Patch 1.06 - Regulation 1.08
Riposte and backstab attacks do NOT deal counter damage. They deal their own type of damage which is not considered a counter damage and is not boosted by counter-damage-boosting effects like Old Leo Ring.
- Upon landing a counter hit, the weapon damage is multiplied with the Counter Modifier of the weapon.
- e. g. A Counter Modifier of 120 equals a factor of 1.2.
- A weapon with a Counter Modifier of 100 will, unless it deals thrust damage (Old Leo Ring), never inflict counter damage.
Note: Many weapons have a false Counter Modifier shown in their description and certain attacks may have different Counter Modifier applied to them.
Bonus Poise Breakttacking with any type of weapon during this time has an increased poise break value.
- Weapon poise damage is speculated to double when being hit by one of these attacks.
- This poise break bonus can stagger you mid attack and cancel your attack.
- This bonus can cause lighter weapons to break your poise whereas if you were attacked normally it would not.
- It should also be important to remember that two-handing a single weapon increases the poise break damage and can be used to stagger opponents unexpectedly.
Join the page discussion Tired of anon posting? Register!