Dark Clutch Ring
Dark Clutch Ring is a Ring in Dark Souls 2 (DKS2). Players can equip up to 4 Rings, but equipping two of the same item is not possible. Some rings have upgraded versions, having a maximum of +3. Some can only be found in NG+. Rings can be repaired at a blacksmith, but not upgraded. Upgraded versions must be acquired throughout the game from corpses, chests, bosses, etc.
Dark Clutch Ring Effects
- The ring adds dark Attack Rating to weapons with base Dark elemental damage and decreases the player's defense values against Srike, Thrust and Slash attack by 80 points.
Dark Clutch Ring Locations
- Outer Wall bonfire, right from the start and passing a room with enemies and boxes, then dropping down.
- From first bonfire in Frozen Eleum Loyce, take a right at the first door you enter into the winter storm. Continue along path. You will be passing 3 dogs at the bottom of a stair way, then a fountain in the middle of a larger area. After you dispatch the enemies, you will walk up a stair way into a room with many boxes. Behind the boxes are 3 ice guys and 1 dog. Behind them is a door, you do not want to enter that door. Enter the door opposite of that one closest to the stair well. After the enemy is dispatched on the stairwell, you will rise to the top with 3 frozen chests. There is a drop off onto snow with a dead guy on a ledge, and a dead guy leaning on a tree. The one against the tree has the dark clutch ring.
- Rules of the Dark AR increase:
- Weapons must have Dark elemental damage. The buff is static regardless of reinforcement or player build.
- Regular physical weapons infused with Dark will gain +15 extra damage.
- Weapons with innate Dark damage will gain approximately +30 extra damage.
- Weapons that have innate Dark damage and are also infused with Dark will gain around 35-45 extra damage.
Join the page discussion Tired of anon posting? Register!
Sanctum crossbow OP
You have to kill Aava first, then talk to alsanna, before the ring is retreivable.
The "notes" section is incorrect. The attack bonus increases depending on the weapon, but this isn't related to how it's upgraded. For example, the Sanctum crossbows, any catalyst, Silverblack spear, and others get +30 even though they're upgraded with normal Titanite. A Dark-infused Greatsword gets +15.
In general, infusing a weapon with Dark seems to increase the bonus by +10 (e.g. a Dark Sanctum Crossbow gets +40 instead of +30), if it had any dark damage to begin with.
It is also not related to the weapon's Dark scaling, or whether it's infused with anything else. For example, my Mundane sanctum repeating crossbow gets +30 like my uninfused sanctum crossbow, even though it has E dark scaling.