|Requirements & Bonus|
Dark Set is an Attire or Armor in Dark Souls 2. Armor sets do not provide specific benefits, so players are free to mix and match their preferred parts to optimize their Builds.
"Mask/Armor/Gauntlets/Leggings of a knight subsumed by dark.
No one knows the true identity of these men who are said to freely manipulate dark. Old foreign legends describe them as poor souls who chased the lost art of life drain."
- Obtaining the full set requires getting the King's Ring and progressing to Aldia's Keep. All pieces of the set are found in mimic chests.
- Dark Leggings are found at the entrance to Doors of Pharros, just before the first bonfire, along with Black Scorpion Stinger.
- Dark Gauntlets are found in Earthen Peak, in a small storage room above mist gate to Mytha, filled with poison jars and stone bugs. Bonus item is Work Hook.
- Dark Armor is found in Iron Keep. Travel to the second bonfire, proceed to cross the platform above the lava (where Ironclad Soldier tries to smash the bridge) and enter the room filled with falling platforms. Pull the lever to lower the platforms into the lava, then go up the stairs and along the platforms to the ladder that has been descended. Climb up, and a mimic will be directly to your right. Bonus item is lightning-infused Winged Spear.
[Scholar of the First Sin] - The mimic has been moved to The Gutter. From the first Bonfire in The Gutter move straight ahead over the first wooden bridge. Mind the hole on the first platform and move past it, over another wooden bridge. After crossing the bridge go right up some ramps and follow it to the top (should be two or three ramps). Look to the right as you come to the top and jump down to a platform filled with oil pools and some hollows.
Dispatch the hollows and either avoid the oil pools or kill the Dark Suckers that spawn out of them. Look straight ahead to the cave wall and follow it (should be towards the left from where you dropped down.) Follow the wall and drop down to a new section of the cave that houses a small tower. Dispatch the hollows around the tower and locate the ladder on the side of the tower and climb to the top. Once at the top, jump over to an iron chest on a cave ledge. Turn around to face the tower again and you will see a hole/door in the side of it, run towards it (don’t jump) and you will fall into it.
Inside is the mimic containing the Dark Armor chest piece. Killing this mimic may cause the item to drop a single floor down and not all the way down. If this happens you will need to role into the second floor from the hole in the floor the mimic is located on. Because of this it is advised to use a Lloyd’s Talisman to put the mimic to sleep and grab the loot that way.
- Dark Mask is found near Foregarden bonfire in Aldia's Keep (requires the King's Ring to enter): search a patch of grass along the wall to find a metal mimic chest that also contains Sunset Staff (Malformed Skull in SotFS).
- Upgraded with Twinkling Titanite.
- The Mask grants +1 to INT and FTH.
- Chestpiece offers third highest dark defense (almost equal to that of Velstadt's set chestpiece) – the highest
among medium and heavy armor sets.
- Gauntlets offer the highest dark defense.
First row = Regular. Second row = +5
|Name & Icon|
|Dark Mask C 6 3.8 90|
|Dark Armor A 16 9.8 90|
|Dark Gauntlets C 9 5.8 90|
|Dark Leggings C 9 5.8 90|