|HP||3,050 | 6405 (NG+)|
|Weakness||Strike, Fire, Lightning|
Dragonrider is an enemy in Dark Souls 2.
Dragonrider is a boss in Dark Souls 2. One of the Bosses of Heide's Tower of Flame. Accessed by the mist located on a circle platform and guarded by an Old Knight wielding an ultra greatsword. Masterless Glencour can be summoned right outside the Fog Door.
The Dragonrider faithfully served King Vendrick. Long ago, the dragonriders mounted wyverns, and were feared on the battlefield for their unparallelled strength.
- First Boss of Heide's Tower of Flame. Accessed by the mist located on a circle platform and guarded by an Old Knight wielding an ultra greatsword.
- Dragonrider Soul
- Souls Awarded: 12,000 (Standard Game) - 24,000 (NG+) - 30,000 (NG++) - 33.000 (NG3+) - 36,000 (NG4+) - 39,000 (NG5+) - 42,000 (NG6+) - 48,000 (NG7+ and beyond)
- Wielding a halberd and greatshield. Dragonrider is not particularly fast and becomes a timing pattern easily dispatched. Circling around to his back will keep you safe from his sweep attacks and leaves him open for attack. He can be staggered after several hits. The arena is small and his attacks have a decent push back, so try to have some distance from the edge, or else the boss will push you over it, even if you block the hit.
- There are two switches that can be pulled before entering the boss fight which increase the size of the arena. If both are pulled then players cannot be knocked into the water anymore, making the fight much safer.
- Also considered to be a beginner's room for learning how to deal with humanoid enemies (for instance Syan Warrior, Grave Warden and Old Dragonslayer) and PvE rolling basic, this boss is also vulnerable to Mace if you're Cleric and two handed.
- Some of his attacks can be parried.
- It is possible to shoot the Dragonrider with a bow outside the boss arena. The damage won't reset when entering the arena after hitting him. When his health reaches zero, he will turn to face you and raise his shield. Upon entering the arena, his health bar will be empty, but you must land one last blow to kill him. Expect to use 85 - 100 Wooden Arrows when using the Short Bow with minimum required stats. The bow can be found in a chest in the Blacksmith Lenigrast's Hut in Majula.
- Can be poisoned (even in NG+).
- Although the arena is originally very small, there are two switches that can be triggered before entering the boss fight that raise additional rings from the water to expand the floor. If both are activated, the floor of this room is then lifted, preventing the Dragonrider from knocking you off as the above strategy states. The first is right after going though the first door from the bonfire. There, an enemy is guarding what looks like a metal square on the ground behind him. The second is an archway of the nearby rotunda where there are three enemies. Once all three enemies are defeated, the switch will slide up out of the ground.
- Highly resistant to Thrust attacks.
- It is possible for Dragonrider to fall in the water. To do that you must not activate any switches to leave the arena as small as possible. Stand on the edge of the arena and wait for him to do his thrust attack, and when he thrusts forward towards you, move out of the way and he should fall in. Make sure he is close to you so that he fully thrusts into the water. An easy setup is to stand still after entering the fog gate, wait until he takes 6 steps, and roll to his right. If you did it correctly, he should fall off immediately.
- If you make the Dragonrider fall off the platform by constantly shooting him with arrows from outside the boss room, the fight will be bugged. When you enter the fog gate, Dragonrider has full HP and nothing happens. However, it is worth noting that I've died on my way to him after doing this.
- The Dragonrider's Armor can be bought from Magerold of Lanafir if the Dragonriders in Drangleic Castle have been defeated and the Iron Bridge Bonfire is at Intensity 2 or higher.
- Sweep Attack
- Overhead Smash
- Shield Bash
- Horizonal Swipes
- Masterless Glencour can be summoned for this fight. His summon sign is located on a small brick outcropping to the right of the fog gate.