Flynn's Ring is a Ring in Dark Souls 2 (DKS2). Players can equip up to 4 Rings, but equipping two of the same item is not possible. Some rings have upgraded versions, having a maximum of +3. Some can only be found in NG+. Rings can be repaired at a blacksmith, but not upgraded. Upgraded versions must be acquired throughout the game from corpses, chests, bosses, etc.
Flynn's Ring Effects
- Grants the user bonus physical attack based on their maximum Equip Load stat (flat value of the amount of weight you can carry, NOT the percentage of your burden).
- The lower the user's Equip Load is, the higher the damage bonus, with a maximum of +50 at 60.0 max Equip Load or less.
- Does not affect bows, backstabs, or ripostes.
Flynn's Ring Locations
- Can be found in an iron chest in Dragon's Sanctum after falling through the gap in the stairs and then taking a left, dropping down into the room with the Corrosive Egg Crawlers then going up a ladder. (Requires DLC Crown of the Sunken King)
- Removing armor or decreasing your weight will not add to the bonus of the ring. This is because the ring works off of your max equip load stat, and not your character's current equip burden.
- Because rings such as the Third Dragon Ring and the Royal Soldier's Ring affect your max equip load stat (Vitality), they can also negatively affect the bonus of the ring, though this depends on how many points one has invested in into Vitality.
- There is a cap for the ring's effect - a point where increasing your max equip load (Vitality) will BEGIN to negatively effect the ring's bonus, and a point where the bonus does not increase by lowering your equip load any further. This point is exactly 60 equip load; any higher than this and you will begin to see a loss in damage, any lower and you will see no further gains to the bonus damage.
- Unfortunately, there is no way for you to have exactly 60 equip load - the closest attainable is 60.2. This can be achieved by having 10 Vitality, and the Third Dragon Ring equipped. This does result in Flynn's ring only granting +49 physical damage, though some may consider the loss of 1 point of their attack rating worth the extra equip load.
- It has been confirmed not to affect bows, as well as backstabs and ripostes. Furthermore, the ring will only give you an added damage bonus when you are scoring direct hits on people with a melee weapon. (It is unknown if this affects counter-hits aswell.)
- Due to the fact that this ring gives a flat damage bonus it works best with fast weapons, so that the player may proc the bonus damage as often as possible for the greatest benefit
- In SOTFS Increases damage shown on a bow but not actual damage inflicted. Tested with Hunter's blackbow +10.