Cerah the Old Explorer, Ancient Soldier Varg and the Afflicted Graverobber
|HP||3110 (Standard Game), 7001 (NG+)|
|Respawns||NOT IF ALL KILLED|
The Graverobber, Varg, and Cerah is an enemy in Dark Souls 2.
The Graverobber, Varg, and Cerah Information.
A boss fight consisting of three hostile npcs found within the Cave of the Dead. Each one of them fights uniquely with their roles but not names complementing each other. There is no description of them for no Boss Soul is acquired.
- Sanctum Walk, Priestess' Chamber bonfire. Optional Bosses of the Cave of the Dead, accessed after the Priestess' Rest bonfire.
- Accessible through the locked door near the Tower of Prayer bonfire (also in Sanctum Walk). Requires Eternal Sanctum Key. Simply travel by the thin bridge and then by the larger bridge guarded by two guards with lances and then proceed into the building. The door will appear on your left.
- Be wary of Rockshield Baldyr who will invade you right before the bonfire leading to the cave within which the boss fight will be fought.
- Souls Awarded: 60,000 (Standard Game) 120,000 (NG+) [needs verification]
- Drops 3 Twinkling Titanite, 3 Petrified Dragon Bones, and 1 Titanite Slab.
- Immediately after them the Flower Skirt and Dark Greatsword can be found. (Note: Dark Greatsword can be obtained before defeating this boss by walking off the elevator next to the Priestess' Chamber bonfire.)
|Attack Name||Attack Description|
|Ancient Soldier Varg||Dragon Tooth's Moveset (Includes Jumping, Rolling and Running attacks)|
|Afflicted Graverobber||Berserker Blade's Moveset (Includes Jumping, Rolling and Running attacks)|
|Cerah the Old Explorer -- Ranged||While out of range he will shoot Greatarrows that will knock you down.|
|Cerah the Old Explorer -- Melee||Estoc's Moveset (Includes Jumping, Rolling and Running attacks)|
Phantoms can split the enemy's attention, which transforms the boss fight into a brawl consisting of multiple lesser duels.
"Afficted Graverober" moves with the highest speed of all three and usually attacks first before Varg and Cerah. Use this to your advantage and attempt to deal damage to him before his allies can arrive. Use parrying and backstabbing to deal a significant amount of damage without the need to expose yourself to Varg's and Cerah's counterattacks due to the resistance given during the execution of the critical hit. Be wary though of Graverobber's quick attacks for though they cannot one shot you they can still deal a noticeable amount of damage. In fact damage dealt by the Graverobber just might be the perfect amount to get finished off by Varg's hammer or Cerah's Greatarrows.
"Ancient Soldier Verag" has the highest health pool, noticeably high poise, slow but high damage with his hammer ,but he moves the slowest of all three. Do not exchange hits with him, nor do not get greedy because the Tooth can easily oneshot you. Instead focus on taking down his colleagues whilst he is away due to his slow speed. Once he is left alone do not parry for it is probably impossible but instead attempt to backstab. You can also try to wear him off with a spear, but be wary of his high lightnining resistance.
"Cerah the Old Explorer" will attack you from distance with the usage of a Greatbow. Once up close he will attempt to jab you with his Estoc which can also perform swinging attacks. The best way to take him down is to attack him after killing the Graverobber and whilst Verag is too far to retaliate for harm you are causing. If it comes to attacking him, use the fact of his low poise to your advantage and attempt to parry his Rapier. He has the lowest health pool of all three which is noticeable. To avoid his Greatarrows you can either hide behind walls, leave him slowed down within the lake or roll into them.
Under the main area of the fight there is a watery area filled with statues. Beyond it forcing you to move more slowly and having an animated statue slug, it's tight and difficult to fight within. This area is exitable, simply move to the left (orientation: face forward from the boss entrance) and look for a ramp that will lead you upward.
- Each one of them can be made to bleed or/and be poisoned.
- The water within the area under the main one slows the squadron as well, one can use this fact to make them split.
- "Varg" is the Swedish word for wolf.
- The squadron can be referred to as the "Gank Squad".
- This boss may be a hint to the player of how the PvP could look like without the latency issue.
- Their names do not seem to fit one another. Perhaps these people are just totally unrelated hollows who had bumped into themselves within the cave.
- Varg seems to be cosplaying as "Havel, the Rock", having his full set, his Greatshield and the iconic Dragon Tooth.
- Cerah has somehow acquired a Lucatiel's Mask, Black Leather Armor and leather gloves and leggings. He wields an Estoc and a Dragonslayer Greatbow.
- Graverobber wears Alva's armor and dual-wields Berserker Blades. He will powerstance with said blades.