Illusory Ring of the Exalted is a special ring in Dark Souls 2.
A ring of yellow stone.
The stone is misshaped, however imperceptibly. Renders certain equipment invisible.
Do not judge your foes by their appearance. He who approaches without a sword carries two behind his back.
- Makes right hand weapon invisible
- Durability: 130/130
- Weight: 0.2
- Clear the game WITHOUT RESTING at a bonfire.
- Lighting bonfires, using Homeward bones, the Aged Feather and Dark Sign as well as using primal bonfires to warp out IS ALLOWED to unlock this ring; you get this after the credits.
- DO NOT SKIP THE CREDITS. Many players have cleared the game with the requirements but have not obtained the rings. It has been confirmed by many players that skipping the credits will lead to not receiving their well earned rings.
- This can be done in new game +
- It is possible to open the Shrine of Winter (ng+ only) by bringing over 99+ Souls of a Great Hero or 99 Giant Lord Soul (or any amount that would add up to 2 million souls) to new game plus allowing you to skip lighting the primal bonfires. You must obtain a fragrant branch of yore first though in order to get Rosabeth out of the way. (The fastest way to get a Fragnant Branch of Yore is to fall down from the hole in Majula and get the branch at the entrance of the Black Gulch. Make sure not to light any bonfires otherwise you can't use Homeward Bone to get out) From here the game gets linear and the rest of the path is self explanatory. You should get the ring after the credits.
- Lighting bonfires creates checkpoints, and this might tempt you to light every bonfire that you come across to make dying less of a hassle. Do remember, however, that you cannot warp between fires and lighting more of them will mean that you will have to do significantly more backtracking and will have to spawn at the last bonfire you lit. Planning ahead or staggering your lighting pattern can help greatly with saving time between locations, be careful and stock up on homeward bones.
- If you are doing this in NG+, make sure to bring at least 2 sets of armor, 5 fully upgraded weapons (for melee builds), 99+ herbs (for magic builds), 99+ lifegems (estus only refills after death), 99+ Divine Blessing (by farming Giant Lord) Dark Hail x2 and Great Resonant Soul x2 and repair powders.( Equipment durability only resets upon resting at a bonfire or upon death) or simply carry a depleted Santier's Spear since it has infinite durability. switch your Vigor into 50, Intelligence and Faith into 60 or 99, Vitality into 50 with the help of Soul Vessel if you're a sorcerer or pure caster.
- Make sure not to light the first bonfire in Drangleic Castle untill the final boss is accessible unless you are confident that you can beat Nashandra without dying. (Dying to the final boss will respawn you to the last bonfire you lighted, probably the one before the Giant Lord boss fight back in Forest of the Fallen Giants)
- Yes, you can light and use the primal bonfires (after The Lost Sinner, Old Iron King, The Duke's Dear Freja and The Rotten) to come back to Majula, they don't count as the others bonfires.
- I accidentally rested at the first bonfire in the iron keep and immediately ejected the disk and STILL got the ring. However, the game must be quit/ejected before the flame icon appears on the hud in the corner.
- You can switch weapons with this ring and they will still be invisible, unlike the Hidden Weapon sorcery... making you nearly impossible to predict in PvP.
- Works well with Illusory Ring of a Conqueror.
- defeating a boss as a summoned player will refill estus flasks and spell uses. this doesn't count as resting at a bonfire. It is possible to get the ring even if you use enemies and invasions to sit at the bonfire and get the "Can't use bonfire" message, providing a easier way to get around if you don't want to sit at the bonfire and lose progress in your quest for the ring