Large Titanite Shard
LargeTitanite Shard is a type of upgrade material in Dark Souls 2.
- Reinforce standard equipment from +3 to +6
- In a chest underneath the Cardinal Tower bonfire. Go down to the room with all the ballistae (just before Pate) and go down the ladder. There is a door behind you that you cannot open. Hit the door and the hollows on the other side will open it. Kill them. Inside that room is a chest with a Large Titanite Shard. This is the earliest one you can find in the game.
- In No Man's Wharf in a hidden room behind a destructible wall on the first floor in the house containing the poison jars and Estus Flask Shard. There is a chest, corpse loot, and lizard in the room. The Large Titanite Shard is dropped by the lizard.
- Also in No Man's Wharf, behind an illusory wall in the neighboring house.
- In the Harvest Valley mines.
- One drops from each of the three Crystal Lizards after the second bonfire in Harvest Valley.
- In Iron Keep.
- Sold by McDuff the Blacksmith in the Lost Bastille for 2500 souls after acquiring the Dull Ember (Unlimited Supply)
- In a chest in McDuff's Workshop (x2)
- Sold by Stone Trader Chloanne for 2500 souls (x10) After defeating Old Iron King and (Unlimited Supply) After defeating Looking Glass Knight (Confirmed)
- From the Tower Apart bonfire in the Lost Bastille go left and hug the wall until you come to a corpse. Shard is on the corpse.
- Above Lucatiel of Mirrah on a small ledge in the Lost Bastille.(x1 at NG, and x5 at NG+ [Use ascetic at Mc Duff's workshop]) Accessed from the broken wall facing away from McDuff's workshop.
- In Brightstone Cove Tseldora, at the edge of the cliff just before entering the spider caves that lead down to the cathedral.
- 5 in Brume Tower near Foyer bonfire in the room with perpetual curse. Requires Tower Key.
- 5 in Brume Tower in the area with the Possessed Armor surrounded by corpses, after the First Iron Warrior you encounter.
- 7 on a corpse in The Iron Passage in one of the cells holding an Ashen Warrior near the first lever.
- The Darksuckers in the Black Gulch
- The villagers in Brightstone Cove Tseldora
- Ironclad Knights in Iron Keep
- Smaller Gyrm in Doors of Pharros
- Undead Mages in Brightstone Cove Tseldora
- Spider Humans in Brightstone Cove Tseldora
- The Great Basilisk at the bottom of the cave after the first bonfire in the Huntsman's Copse drops 3 Large Titanite shards.
- Easy farming method: before beating The Rotten (or using an ascetic to respawn him), summon Lucatiel and Schmidt. Destroy all poison-spitting statues (they won't "respawn" as long as you don't die or leave the area). Use firebombs from a decent range and the Darksuckers won't aggro, but will take damage over time from the ignited tar pits. The phantom duo will do great damage. Send the phantoms home with the Black Separation Crystal, rest at the bonfire, and repeat. Once all 15 spawns have been exhausted, kill the Cragslippers and work on 15 spawns of the Darksuckers closer to the beginning of the Gulch. Repeat. You will mostly get large shards, but the Darksuckers also drop chunks, which is only a pleasant byproduct. (As with any farming, ensure that you've maxed out your item find as much as possible.)
- Just kill Great Basilisk in Huntsman's Copse over and over. It always drops 3 shards.
|Weapon +3 to +4||Weapon +4 to +5||Weapon +5 to +6|
|Armor +3 to +4||Armor +4 to +5||Armor +5 to +6|
Join the page discussion Tired of anon posting? Register!
15,000 souls to buy a full set of 6 from McDuff
I'm surprised it doesn't mention it dropping in the "Memory of Jeigh" level. At least in SotFS, they're dropping almost every single visit. Sometimes two at a time, even three. You don't even have to fight the boss at the end. As long as he's alive, the minions fighting each other seem to keep spawning.
The REAL problem in this game is Titanite Chunk. ****'s incredibly rare. AFAIK, it can only be farmed in Black Gultch from the serpents/sphincter worms and from Tseldora peasants. I have 99 Large Titanite Shards but a Titanite Chunk ain't one.
How to use large titanite shard? I have 4 but i cannot upgrade equipment at blackmith
Does summoning the phantoms get better drops or can you farm without the phantoms??
Step 1: git axe; Gavlan wheel?
Step 2: git gud.
Step 3: GAVLAN DEAL
Use Binoculars and a pyro glove with basic fireball and you can hit the relevant 4 tar pits and ignite them without aggroing the darksuckers, then you can chill and wait for drops, rest at the bonfire next to you and carry on without ever having to mess with the lurkers or statues ~ OLR
praise the sun!