Lightning Clutch Ring
Lightning Clutch Ring is a Ring in Dark Souls 2 (DKS2). Players can equip up to 4 Rings, but equipping two of the same item is not possible. Some rings have upgraded versions, having a maximum of +3. Some can only be found in NG+. Rings can be repaired at a blacksmith, but not upgraded. Upgraded versions must be acquired throughout the game from corpses, chests, bosses, etc.
Lightning Clutch Ring Effects
- Grants the user bonus lightning damage and reduces the player's physical defense by 80 points.
- Lowers the wearer's defence against all types of physical attack by 80 points.
- The ring seems to add a varying bonus of damage to both lightning weapons and miracles.
- The ring seems to add a bonus of +30 AR to the lightning damage on weapons.
Lightning Clutch Ring Locations
- After entering the Dragon's Sanctum there is a closed door on the left side, use the Eternal Sanctum Key to open it. Inside there are 2 Sanctum Priestess and 5 chests. The ring is inside the 2nd chest from the left.
- The ring affects lightning damage on both weapons and miracles with the cost of the defense reduction. This ring's effect does stack with the Sun Seal.
- The ring's total bonus may be more powerful if the lightning AR itself is higher, some testing will be needed.
- It seems to add 15 damage to weapons infused with lightning, 30 to weapons with innate lightning damage, and somewhere above 30 for a weapon with innate lightning damage that's infused with lightning.
Join the page discussion Tired of anon posting? Register!
Can also be obtained as an enemy drop in Cave of the Dead while assisting as a White Phantom, so one need not have the DLC in order to obtain it.
Wearing this ring drops my great lightning spear damage from 630 to 503 when tested on the mushrooms by 3rd bonfire in Shrine of Amana. The same major drop in damage occurred when used on the priests nearby as well. It appears to be glitched. Sunlight Spear and Lightning Spear were affected properly. Other clutch rings worked properly. The problem appears to specifically affect Great Lightning Spear.
The ring adds exactly 30 damage to lightning +5 Defender's Greatsword, which seems to go against the third note stating that a lightning weapon infused with lightning gains more than 30 damage.
it doesn't show the reduction of the physical defense ingame though
I figured this would be a darkclutch lightning alternative. Seems as if it's not nearly as strong, what a shame... I guess I'll still use it for defenders greatsword, love that weapon.
It has no effect on lightning urns.
I've tested this ring with the sun ring and without it for various miracles including emit force and soul appease and it boosts the damage for miracles that aren't even lightning based ones
The Petrify Statue Clusters also seem to drop it when you're alone. I just dropped one ring on NG alone.