"Soul of the Knights of Loyce.
The Knights of Loyce were taken by Chaos, and lost all sense of purpose and being.
The few woeful souls that trudged back home were guided by some faint vestige of self.
This soul is pure sorrow, and only Alsanna can put it to rest."
- Bring the souls to Alsanna, Silent Oracle, who will reward you for the amount of souls possessed. The stairs leading to Alsanna, Silent Oracle will open up as you bring more souls.
- Consumable but it gains no Soul and it is not possible to sell it to Gavlan.
- 5 x Loyce Soul = Loyce Gauntlets
- 5 x Loyce Soul = Loyce Leggings
- 15 x Loyce Soul = Loyce Armor
- 35 x Loyce Soul = Loyce Helm
- 50 x Loyce Soul = Soul of Alsanna, Silent Oracle, access to Ivory King Armor
- Ensure the Burnt Ivory King is alive so the Loyce Knights are present. Before the boss appearance, 12 Charred Loyce Knights are generated. During the boss fight, they will spawn almost infinitely (45 times) but at a slower rate.
- If the Burnt Ivory King is dead, only 3 Charred Loyce Knights will spawn in old chaos every couple of minutes. They can be forced to spawn instantly by reloading the area (using a Homeward Bone or quitting to main menu). They will stop spawning after they are killed 12 times each, just like enemies in other areas.
- First of all, you'll need to increase the Item Discovery rate, try wearing Jester's Cap, Prisoner's Tatters, Watchdragon Parma (SotFS), Covetous Gold Serpent Ring +2, Symbol of Avarice
- You may use Rusted Coin (can be farmed at Tower of Prayer bonfire) to raise the drop rate (+1% for 5 min).
- You want to have enough physical and fire protection to survive. Try Ring of Steel Protection +2, Flame Quartz Ring +2.
- Now for weapons, Charred Loyce Knights are completely vulnerable to Dark Crypt Blacksword +5 buffed with Dark Weapon, you may consider using Affinity at the beginning.
- Freeing all four Loyce Knights can help during the fights as they aggro the enemies quite well.
- Follow the Loyce Knights so you won't get crowded by Charred Loyce Knights that easily, and you can sweep the enemies when they're staggered.
- Loyce Knights are acted as distractions rather than actual help, treat them as human shields and sweep the charred knights behind the crowd.
- If your health is halved, hide behind the crowd but don't go too far, drink your Estus Flask twice or more to heal faster.
- Once the portal of the Burnt Ivory King appears, quit the field with Aged Feather
- Rinse and repeat, they drop Loyce Souls regularly under this condition.
- It is possible to summon phantoms at the Grand Cathedral bonfire. After the fight and before the boss appears, when the floor starts shaking, use the Black Separation Crystal to banish any summoned phantoms. This will give the host enough time to use the aged feather. This strategy allows both phantoms and the host to farm souls quickly.
- You can also summon the NPCs near the bonfire and the drop rate seems to increase by quite a bit with them present. When all the knights are dead cast yourself off the edge. This strategy works best with Vendrick's Blessing so you don't turn hollow or if you have an excess of human effigies to spare.
- It seems that Loyce Souls drop more often on higher NG+ cycles, especially when Burnt Ivory King is alive.
- They can still be dropped from Charred Loyce Knights whilst summoned as a phantom.
- Much higher drop rate if help as phantom, even without farming gear.
- Using the Symbol of Avarice, will allow you to farm both souls and items with better rates. Get yourself summoned and farm the knights.
- In Scholar of the First Sin, joining the covenant of champions makes the knights spawn infinitely.