Belfry Sol if you have joined the Bell Keepers covenant (rare spawn). Has a rare chance to drop the Mad Warrior Set and Berserker Blade. A group of mad warrior invaders can be found in the Crown of the Old Iron King DLC before the entrance to Sir Alonne's memory and also have a chance to drop the set items, however fighting a large group in a small area may prove to be very difficult. (Invaders do not require Bell Keepers membership, currently unknown if the invaders drop rate differs)
- Drops the entire set and blade once per NG, However using a bonfire ascetic will count as going into NG+ for that area thus resets the loot table, allowing the player to get the armor set and blade again. He only drops one item at a time.
- In order to force a respawn. You need to rest to clear the memory and reload the level.
- Using a Homeward Bone or the Aged Feather will count as resting at the Bonfire for spawning purposes.
- The NPC will also spawn in Offline mode, negating any potential invasions from Bell keepers. (It spawns in online mode too)
- Using Item discovery gear allows his drop chance to be higher, but does not increase his spawn rate.
- Drops the Berserker Blade fairly early on, then followed by the set one piece at a time - note, this is not necessarily true. I farmed the entire set twice and each time the Berserker Blade was the LAST item to drop. Once the set is obtained, he won't drop anything else no matter how many times he's killed. Using a bonfire ascetic after he's dropped everything once will make killing him 100 times for the covenant much more enjoyable.
- Killing the Mad Warrior counts towards The Bell Keeper's Kill total.
- The best procedure for
seems to be running offline in windowed mode and opening the Windows Task Manager to the side just so you can see the games process memory value, then:
- Enter Belfry Sol,
- Go check to see if he's there, if so fight him, then travel from the bonfire back to Belfry Sol and repeat, OR
- If he's not there, walk back to the bonfire to let your memory numbers settle. Look at the number in Task Manager (Dark Souls 2.exe memory) which appears as you rest and make a mental note of it. Then travel from the bonfire back to Belfry Sol,
- After returning from travel wait for a few seconds to allow the memory to settle. When you see the resting number increase by 10,000 K (depending on graphics quality setting can go up to 20,000 K or as low as 300 K) from what you noted go up and fight him.
- After fighting him, return to the bonfire any way you like, then travel to Belfry Sol again. If the resting number is around the same value as when he was there (based on the increase noted), go and fight him. If not, travel again and repeat the process. This increase in memory is due to his textures (mostly, some extent his model but mostly textures) being loaded into memory as they do not appear anywhere else in the game.
- Approximately 16.87% (Based on my own findings (He spawned 14 times out of 83 attempts) when I was grinding for the Bell Keepers Covenant in Offline Mode. , May 15th)
- Possibly influenced by the amount of Bell Keepers within the area, if all Bell Keepers are cleared out, he will spawn more regularly.
- Wearing items which boosts item discovery, especially Symbol of Avarice, seemly helps on spawning him.
- For me he spawned approximately 10% without the Delicate String, ~25% of the time with the Delicate String, ~30% of the time using Delicate String and constant memory checking. (He spawned 16.67% without Delicate String for me [50 out of 300 attempts] and 23.81% of the time with Delicate String. [50 out of 210 attempts])
- This means you have a chance of approximately 0.13% chance of him spawning AND dropping an item, or with the Delicate String a 0.34% chance.
- The Task Manager method still works, but the change is smaller (around 5MB), and just for a split second. Change Task Manager's update speed to High for better results.
- Delicate String does affect this spawn rate.
- If you are playing on a PS3 (DOESN'T work on xbox.), when you rest at the bonfire, you can hear the laser in the PS3 move twice. The trick is to keep resting until you hear two slower movements after the first two. These two extra laser movements are indicating that Mad Warrior has spawned. (confirmed) [this strategy is excellent; max times I had to rest was 7-8; average was 2-3; took about 45 minutes to kill him 30 times] (Some suggestions for this method: start by playing in offline mode with the sound muted. It also helps to be in a quiet place. Then rest at the bonfire a couple times in rapid succession before you start listening for the sound. This gives the PlayStation time to finish loading everything. You'll notice that after the first couple times you rest, every subsequent rest will cause the PlayStation to produce two "loading" sounds [a short, low grind or whir] over the course of a little less than a second. If the Mad Warrior has spawned, it will produce one [it's one for me, anyway; perhaps it's two for others] additional "loading" sound a second or two later. If you have just used Homeward, a Homeward Bone, or the Aged Feather to fast travel back to the bonfire, repeat the first step of the process, where you rest a few times in a row before you begin listening again. This really is incredibly convenient.)
- (FOR PS3 ALSO) For those who want to grind with headphones on, watch for the flash of the yellow light on your PS3 to indicate that the Mad Warrior has spawned. Usually it is a single, bright flash just as you stand from the bonfire during your sitting-cycle that foretells the Warrior's appearance. Be sure that the time of the yellow flash is approximately the earliest time you are able to stand after resting.
- Sometimes he wont appear for more than 20 times (NG+ tested) then suddenly appear several times in a row, or every other time for several times, remember that it is a CHANCE to spawn and so sometimes you are more lucky than others (he once spawned 5 times in a row then nothing for thrice that amout).
- I found that he actually spawned more frequently when i used the Homeward miracle, then rested at the bonfire to replenish the miracle, than he did when I used Homeward miracle once (which itself allows him to respawn), ran up to check, then dropped back down to the bonfire the second time, then rested, alternating manual and miracle returns. this contradicts information stating he will despawn unless checked every single time.
- If you Clear the room Where the bonfire is located and all the enemies in belfry sol you can use unveil at the bonfire to see if he has spawned.
|Belfry Sol, in the corner in front of the tower with the ladder for rooftop access.
||Join the Bell Keepers, will randomly spawn (rarely).
Join the page discussion Tired of anon posting? Register!