|Requirements & Bonus|
Mastodon Set is an Attire or Armor in Dark Souls 2. Armor sets do not provide specific benefits, so players are free to mix and match their preferred parts to optimize their Builds.
"Helm/Armor/Gauntlets/Leggings worn by the Primal Knights of Drangleic castle.
Their weight would normally crush a man, but the Primal Knights wear them as if they were silk, so fearsome is their brutal strength.
The King restored a forbidden, long-lost art to create these inhuman abominations."
- Dropped by Primal Knights at the entrance and inside of Drangleic Castle.
- [Scholar of the First Sin] Primal Knights are only found at the entrance.
- Upgraded with regular Titanite.
- Leggings offer second highest physical defenses – the highest among armor pieces upgraded with regular Titanite. Other best pieces are: Gyrm Warrior Greathelm and chestpiece, Steel / Drakekeeper / Mastodon gauntlets and Alonne Knight leggings.
- Leggings also offer second highest poise (almost equal to that of Looking Glass and Smelter Demon leggings).
- Requires 16 STR.
- The entire set is worn by Steel-willed Lorrie, an NPC summon in Old Iron King DLC.
- There's also Rusted Mastodon set that's dropped by the same Primal Knights in Doors of Pharros. This set is ~10% lighter and ~20% worse in all stats.
Piece Information & Upgrades
First row = Regular. Second row = +10
|Name & Icon|
|Mastodon Helm C 14 6.6 90|
|Mastodon Armor A 39 17.7 90|
|Mastodon Gauntlets C 20 8.8 90|
|Mastodon Leggings C 27 10.8 90|
Join the page discussion Tired of anon posting? Register!
Somebody change the image please
Similar to that funny bronze set from Morrowind, big leggins energy
MASTODONS MASTOTONS MASTODONS BECOME U N S T O P A B L E
Okay, hear me out. I need only the chestpiece, the normal one and the rusted one. They cant seem to actually drop. I spent 2 hours with full item discovery and another 2 with zero discovery. The one at the Gyrm's respite only drops a single awestone after 10-15 dry streak kills. Can anybody prove me these chestpieces actually drop?
Has anyone ever noticed that the crest on the mastodons cape is the same as the lothric knights in ds3?
Good for my giant dad build
Really wish there were more than 2 enemies to get the non-rusted set from in SoTFS, because if you exhaust their spawns you can't use an ascetic in the area to bring them back until you beat the final boss
Why is poise 0 on stats total?
The chest piece, leggings and gauntlets remind me of the god emperor of mankind from dawn of war, the emperor shall protect those that dawn his holy image.
om sorry but you like a turtle wearing this to me
Guys use the Rusted chest and gloves , mixed with Syan legs and helm or Gyrm great helmet, looks awesome and is a very powerful combination
I was able to obtain a pair of these leggings from an enemy within the Doors of Pharros.