Moon Butterfly Set
|Requirements & Bonus|
Moon Butterfly Set is an Attire or Armor in Dark Souls 2. Armor sets do not provide specific benefits, so players are free to mix and match their preferred parts to optimize their Builds.
"Hat/pinions/cuffs/skirt made from wings of the rare moon butterfly. Poisons those who approach its wearer."
"Also extends jump distance."
"Little is known about the moon butterfly, which only appears on full-moon nights in winter. Some say the butterfly is a magical being, and its larvae have never once been spotted."
Effect(all): Poisons nearby foes
Wings/Skirt Effect: Increases length of jump
- Sold by Maughlin the Armourer on NG+ (35k, minus hat) and NG+2 (hat, 10k) once 15'000 souls have been spent at his store. Bonfire Ascetic can be used to achieve required bonfire intensity.
- Upgraded with Twinkling Titanite.
- Every piece of the set poisons nearby foes, including Mimics in hiding and Invisible Hollows.
- You can also hide the cuffs in a sleeve (e.g. Black Hollow Mage Robe) to poison your foes while unnoticed.
- IMPORTANT: Take off before approaching any NPC you don't want to aggro. Poison will affect any NPC that you can attack, including the Emerald Herald.
- Hat grants +1 INT.
- Wings (chest piece) and Skirt change rolling to jumping (allowing immediate jumps without sprinting) and increase jumping distance.
- Boots offer second highest poison resistance.
- Boots have the highest physical defense to weight ratio (but defense itself is low).
- It's still possible to roll in the opposite direction, and to backstep. This may save you in PVP. Rolling to the side is possible, but very difficult. More often than not, you'll leap.
- It is possible to immediately and consistently sprint and roll while wearing the wings without jumping simply by tapping forward before pressing the roll button.
- As of patch 1.10, the jump distance is shorter than without wings/skirt. Tested on PC and PS3 (further testing could be useful).
- If given to Rosabeth of Melfia, she will poison you when you talk to her, but it's safe if you stay at maximum talking range.
- The design appears to be a tribute to Berserk's "Roshinu".
First row = Regular. Second row = +5
|Name & Icon|
|Moon Butterfly Hat B 0 0.8 35|
|Moon Butterfly Wings B 0 1.4 35|
|Moon Butterfly Cuffs E 0 0.8 35|
|Moon Butterfly Skirt E 0 1.2 35|