Moon Butterfly Wings is a Chest Piece in Dark Souls 2.
|Requirements & Bonus|
"Wings made from wings of the rare moon butterfly. Poisons those who approach its wearer."
"Also extends jump distance."
"Little is known about the moon butterfly, which only appears on full-moon nights in winter. Some say the butterfly is a magical being, and its larvae have never once been spotted."
- Maughlin the Armorer, in Majula.
- Only available in NG+ & the hat requires NG++ (bonfire intensity 3) after spending 16000+ souls with him.
- In other words, you need to burn two Bonfire Ascetics in Majula to get the entire set.
- Part of the Painting Guardian Set.
- Poisons nearby foes.
- Each piece has a special effect (Effect(All): Poison nearby foes, Effect(Wings/Skirt): Increases length of jumping)
- Upgraded with Twinkling Titanite.
- When wearing the wings or the skirt you can jump without having to be sprinting first.
- It is still possible to roll in the opposite direction, and it is possible to backstep. This may save you in PVP.
- Rolling to the side is possible, but very difficult. More often than not, you'll leap. (You can change the settings to have L3 jump instead of B/Circle)
- It is possible to immediately and consistently sprint and roll while wearing the wings without jumping simply by tapping forward before pressing the roll button.
- This will not prevent you from dying from falls that would normally kill you.
Moon Butterfly Wings Upgrade Stats
|Name & Icon||Upgrade Level||Cost (Souls)||Materials|
|+1||52||57||49||49||27||17||27||23||0||50||21||28||30||500||1x Twinkling Titanite|
|+2||57||62||54||54||29||19||30||25||0||54||23||31||33||620||1x Twinkling Titanite|
|+3||62||68||58||58||32||21||32||27||0||59||25||33||36||750||2x Twinkling Titanite|
|+4||67||73||63||63||34||23||35||29||0||63||27||36||39||990||2x Twinkling Titanite|
|+5||72||79||68||68||37||25||38||32||0||68||29||39||42||1120||3x Twinkling Titanite|