Northwarder Set is an Attire or Armor in Dark Souls 2.
|Requirements & Bonus|
"Hood/Robe/Manchettes/Trousers of a Forossan sage.
Forossans venerated the god of war, and sages who led warriors into battle were called Northwarders.
Northwarders earned their title only after completing a great journey of great hardship, after which they would be worshipped as oracles of the war gods"
- Crown of the Ivory King DLC Armor. Found in Frozen Eleum Loyce: enter a side room past the first bunch of Rampart Soldiers, go up the ladder, pick up loot from the corpse. The entrance to that side room is blocked by a platform filled with coffins; to move it, travel forth from the Abandoned Dwelling bonfire, reach the bridge, turn left and find a small room with a lever just before the exit to another open area.
- Video Guide
- Upgraded with regular Titanite.
- Upgraded stats are only 50% higher and physical defenses are only 25% higher.
- Robe offers second highest poison resistance (almost equal to that of Grave Warden and Tattered Cloth robes).
- Gloves offer second highest poison resistance (almost equal to that of Shadow gauntlets and Tattered Cloth manchettes).
- Per data in this thread, each piece of this set increases duration of most spells as follows:
- hood: +5% spell duration;
- robe: +2.5% spell duration;
- manchettes: +12.5% spell duration;
- trousers: +2.5% spell duration.
- The total spell duration bonus is equal to wearing Lingering Dragoncrest Ring +1.
- Sacred Oath, resins, and Throne Watcher and Defender weapon buffs are not extended in duration when this set is worn.
- The set is almost identical to that worn by Sage Freke from Demon's Souls. It also loosely resembles Sage set worn by Big Hat Logan from Dark Souls, except not having the big hat and trousers.
Piece Information & Upgrades
First row = Regular. Second row = +10
|Name & Icon|
|Northwarder Hood E 0 0.9 55|
|Northwarder Robe B 0 2.5 55|
|Northwarder Manchettes E 0 1.0 55|
|Northwarder Trousers E 0 1.8 55|
Join the page discussion Tired of anon posting? Register!
"gods" this might imply that there are more war gods than the nameless king.
Forossa must have been a chilly place. This set is a big warm coat, Faraam set has that nice bit of fur around the neck, and the Ivory King was from there. Must be nice.
Looks awesome on burlier characters imo.
So I was just looking through this page and noticed this:
Vendirick may or may not become enraged when wearing one or all pieces of this setErrrr on what is this info based since I don't find any indications that these 2 things should have some sort of a link.