Old Sun Ring
Old Sun Ring is a Ring in Dark Souls 2 (DKS2). Players can equip up to 4 Rings, but equipping two of the same item is not possible. Some rings have upgraded versions, having a maximum of +3. Some can only be found in NG+. Rings can be repaired at a blacksmith, but not upgraded. Upgraded versions must be acquired throughout the game from corpses, chests, bosses, etc.
Old Sun Ring Effects
- Explodes after taking damage, following a brief audio cue. Explosion AOE is centered around the wearer.
- Deals close to 300 damage to targets with low defense.
- Has a 10-30% of causing an explosion once it reaches the damage threshold. The probability degrades rapidly as the durability decreases.
- Each explosion lowers the durability by 10, not including the damage done to activate.
- Will explode multiple times before actually breaking. Multiple activations can stack through receiving repeated instances of durability loss, such as the fire pits in the rotten boss room.
- Durability: 75
Old Sun Ring Locations
- Shaded Woods: From the Ruined Fork Road bonfire, enter the fogged forest, hug the right wall until you reach the chest containing the ring. Be wary of the Shades guarding it.
- Repair Cost: 5250 souls
- The delay between the explosion and the activation is significant, lowering overall usefulness in PVP.