Buy through: Dark Souls 2 @ steampowered.com or your digital/local retailer of choice.
Play online via: Dark souls 2 for PC will most likely require activation on steam, to use steamworks online component.
PC system requirements:
- PC Controls information here.
- Using a controller with PC: How to (add link to wiki page)
- PC Subforum here
- Optimal resolution/settings
- PC in-game options via Forbes
Where is my save file and how can I make a backup?
- Type "%appdata% without the quotes in your Start Menu.
- Go into the Roaming folder.
- Locate and go into the Dark Souls II subfolder.
- Go into the only folder that should be present which will have some long alphanumeric name, typically "01100001028557af."
- Copy the .sl2 file from this folder and paste into a new location. This is now your backup.
When purchased through steam, the steam client will download and install Dark Souls 2 for launch from the client.
Disc-based versions would still require activation on steam, at which point the game will download from steam.
You can learn how to install disc-based steam games from the disc here: Installing from Disc(if you really want to.)
- Detail common online issues and troubleshooting
List of useful mods/fixes and links to them
(A note on mods)
Dark Souls II is now Valve Anti-Cheat enabled, according to the Steam store page. It is possible that certain types of
mods may be flagged as cheats by the system, even if they aren't. It's recommended that you play the game in offline
mode if you intend to use mods.
Join the page discussion Tired of anon posting? Register!