Pharros Lockstone in Dark Souls 2 is a Secret type of consumable. These Lockstones are used once and can be found around the different locations as you explore Dark Souls 2. These stones are the keys used to reveal different Secrets and passages. Players will need to locate Pharros' Contraptions in order to use this item, activate the contraption to reveal its secrets.
What are Pharros' Lockstones in DS2?
Pharros' Lockstone are mainly used to fit into Pharros' Contraptions that can also be encountered in different locations. Activating the contraption can reveal traps, passages and Secrets. Find all Pharros Lockstone's and Pharros' Contraptions locations on this page.
Pharros' Lockstone Location
- Starting Item for the Explorer
- Sold by Merchant Hag Melentia (Only 1)
- In Majula, once you have access to the Mansion, in a corpse in the Library behind the bookcases.
- In Majula, found inside the hole in the middle of town. The Silvercat Ring is required to survive the fall.
- Before opening the last gate before the boss in Sinners' Rise. When facing the gate, in room on your left. (last door on the left)
- Huntsman's Copse, if you drop down from wooden bridge to isolated pillar. Or alternatively, jump from the top of the tower above the Bridge Approach bonfire.
- In the middle section of Earthen Peak, there's one outside if you pay Laddersmith Gilligan 2000 souls for a ladder to reach it.
- In a crossbow-trapped chest around middle of Earthen Peak.
- Near the beginning of the Shaded Woods on a hill.
- In the Shaded Ruins, on a corpse on the second story of a ruined building behind the Great Basilisk.
- Black Gulch, Hidden Room Bonfire, a corpse in a pot.
- Aldia's Keep: Behind one of the wooden shelves in the room filled with bright green glass containers. The room before the hidden bonfire.
- Dragons Aerie, between the second and the third guardian dragon, drop down the ledge, a corpse holds the stone.
- The Rotten: Cutting off one of its arms. (Both arms can be cut off)
- Drangleic Castle: after the first bonfire, in the room to the right, in the second left sentinel closet.
- (Farmable) small rats inside of "Royal Rat Authority" boss in the doors of Pharros. Kill the small rats and then either die or use a homeward bone / feather to port back to the bonfire to reset the fight. upon resetting the fight, the small rats respawn.
- Rats in the water in Doors of Pharros. (Rare drop)
- Joining the Rat King Covenant and killing intruders, or being summoned as a grey phantom as an intruder to the Rat King Covenant and beating the host grants you one lockstone or running to the bonfire before the host kills you also gets you one.
Pharros' Lockstone Usage
Unlock Pharros' Contraptions in:
Forest of Fallen Giants:
- Shows fake wall in room under ballista trap near Mild-mannered Pate in the Forest of Fallen Giants - Cardinal Tower bonfire. Has Titanite Slab and Chloranthy Ring.
- On the second level area, in front of the house. Creates bright light that scares Darkdwellers away in No-Man's Wharf.
- Opens passage to Belfry Luna, accessed by the Servant's Quarters bonfire in the Lost Bastille, go down a ladder and hit the revealed wall upon placement.
- One in the room with the twinblade chest, reveals room with a Soul Vessel, and another room which is already accessible via an elevator (the elevator room is revealed by default in SotFS).
- In Earthen Peak before first boss, at the very bottom in a room off a poison mist floor - Has Poisonbite Ring and Soul of a Proud Knight.
- Spill out poison to a small pool in Earthen Peak (area near 2nd boss, with a lot's of mushrooms and mimic chest). Becomes water that cures poison and gradually heals after burning the windmill.
- Three in Iron Keep. Two spill out water to a small pool and lets player get wet and survive the lava to get the items and chests. The two that add water will also heal slowly over time if the player stands in the water. Third opens Belfry Sol and bonfire.
Doors of Pharros:
- There are several (10-20) doors that can be opened in Doors of Pharros. Most of these lockstones will activate various traps, and unleash more enemies. The doors containing Mastodon Guards require 3 lockstones to fully open and let them out, it also has Santier's Spear behind it. The underwater middle lockstone will effectively open the passage by itself without letting out the guard.
Grave of Saints:
- Lowers two different bridges in Grave of Saints that lead to the same room. Across the bridge there is Poison Moss x2 and a skeleton with Whisper of Despair and a Torch. If you put them in the sockets by the rat statues while part of the Rat King Covenant, you will unleash a pool of corrosive acid that lingers indefinitely and breaks down equipment within seconds. If you put a lockstone in the contraption to your left as soon as you come up the first set of stairs at the beginning, it will turn out all the torches down the hall. Putting a lockstone in the contraption that is on the wall, it will start pouring water everywhere that will put out your torch.
Shrine of Amana:
- Just after the second bonfire, Crumbled Ruins. In the water near the ramp structure just past the first Amana priestess. Standing at the base of the ramp and facing the dragonrider in the distance, it's just to your left. Reveals a hidden cave in the cliffside with a chest containing the Helix Halberd.
- Behind an Illusory Wall down the dark hole in the Undead Crypt (right after the two double shield guards). Best to clear the area of the respawning ghosts first. Opens a wall with a chest containing Olenford's Staff and Great Lightning Spear.
- Creates light in long hall of Aldia's Keep.
- In the first area of the Dragon Shrine, on the floor under some boxes, behind the first knight. Reveals a hidden wall with the Judgement set and staff.
Memory of Orro:
- There are two in one of the Giant Memories (Memory of Orro - located after the pursuer fight). The first shows an illusory wall you can attack to get through. The second, located past this illusory wall, is pointless and activates a trap. The true entrance to the treasure room is a regular illusory wall next to it. This room contains the Steel Armour Set and a Fire Seed.
Frozen Elyum Loyce (Crown of the Ivory King DLC):
- On the bridge with the ballistas on the far end, leads to Durgo's Hat.
Pharros' Lockstone Notes, Tips & Tricks
- Doors unlocked by lockstones reset upon entering NG+.
- Pharros' Lockstone contraptions do not seem to be reset by using a Bonfire Ascetic. However, some chests will be reset with whatever item they previously contained. In other words, the loot respawns, but you do not need another Lockstone to access it. Bear in mind that this does not happen for all chests located behind Pharros' Lockstone walls. Only wooden chests and mimics are respawned by Bonfire Ascetics. Metal chests require an actual NG+ activation to respawn.
- Some Pharros' Lockstone contraptions, particularly those located at Grave of Saints can only be reset by using a Bonfire Ascetic at Majula bonfire.
- Using a Pharros' Lockstone while being summoned may consume the lockstone and render the contraption unusable. Seems to only happen to contraptions that have animations, like the doors in Doors of Pharros or the bridges in the Grave of Saints.