Prism Stone is a type of consumable in Dark Souls 2.
- Can be used to mark a path, or to see whether or not a fall is fatal.
- Can be traded for lowest tier items with Dyna & Tillo in Things Betwixt.
- x10 Sold by Sweet Shalquoir for 300 souls each.
- This stock becomes unlimited once the player reaches Drangleic Castle.
- Dropped by Spider Drone
- Using these in the Rat King Covenant can draw a gray phantom's attention with clever use. Either activate the item to give off the colorful effect or 'Leave' one somewhere to trick greedy players.
- Once the stone hits the ground, it will play one of two sounds- the soft tone meaning it's a survivable fall, or the blaring sound meaning a drop to your death.
- When used, these stones will only reset if the player exits the game, dies, uses a homeward bone, or teleports to another area (basically, after any loading screen). Resting at a bonfire will not cause this and they will last indifinitely.
- Dyna & Tillo will not accept stacked stones. You may stand in the nest and select "Leave" and drop them individually to receive a reward. You may drop many individual stones one at a time and receive all the rewards at once.
- You will always receive a reward of the same or a greater tier value.
- Unlike the counterpart in Dark Souls, this one has a maximum cap to prevent lagging, 30 prisms at max.
Offerings and Corresponding Tier Rewards
Join the page discussion Tired of anon posting? Register!
Ugh these are so expensive in this game
Do these stay forever?
Does the indicator of whether or not you die from fall damage take fall damage reduction gear into account?
I'm only speculating, but the rare eighth color could be a reference to Octarine, the eighth color of the magical spectrum from Terry Pratchett's Discworld.
Is it possible to get Amber Herb from Prism stone?
Just traded a hundred of these and got no human effigies.
You should really be able to pick these back up again. Limited to 10 + random drops is just silly.
Could always limit the amount Dyna & Tillo will accept. Ah, well.
I don't want to live in a world where prism stones are 300 souls each :s
i give smooth and silky stone and get red craked orb a lot...