Ring of Binding
Ring of Binding is a Ring in Dark Souls 2 (DKS2). Players can equip up to 4 Rings, but equipping two of the same item is not possible. Some rings have upgraded versions, having a maximum of +3. Some can only be found in NG+. Rings can be repaired at a blacksmith, but not upgraded. Upgraded versions must be acquired throughout the game from corpses, chests, bosses, etc.
Ring of Binding Effects
- Limits HP reduction when Hollowing by 25%, and stops HP reduction at 75% of max instead of 50%
- Equipping the RoB will raise your health even when not fully hollowed.
Ring of Binding Locations
- In Heide's Tower of Flame, right before the mist leading to Old Dragonslayer
- Ps4/X1/Dx11 - In the chest near the Dragonrider
- If your health is being affected by this ring and you are summoned as a White Phantom to another player's world, then there is a way to become human when you return to your world. Simply remove the Ring of Binding and replace it with another ring since the game spawns you in human form when you're a white phantom. Regardless of whether or not you succeed, you should be in human form when you return to your world.(This happened to me recently, I'll have to check whether or not it wasn't just an isolated incident and whether or not it is indeed this item that is causing it)
- Confirmed Bug: most likely to be patched soon. (Source: Dark Souls 2 Reddit)
- Update: however, this bug has not a 100% chance to turn you into human form again. it's still completely random.