Ring of the Embedded
Ring of the Embedded is a Ring in Dark Souls 2 (DKS2). Players can equip up to 4 Rings, but equipping two of the same item is not possible. Some rings have upgraded versions, having a maximum of +3. Some can only be found in NG+. Rings can be repaired at a blacksmith, but not upgraded. Upgraded versions must be acquired throughout the game from corpses, chests, bosses, etc.
Ring of the Embedded Effects
- Increases Vigor, Endurance and Vitality proportionally to player stats. (worse stats, better effects).
- Increases damage taken by 8%
Ring of the Embedded Locations
- Found just after the second bonfire of Frozen Eleum Loyce in the Crown of the Ivory King DLC. After defeating all the enemies in the first area, before climbing the first set of stairs, turn right and follow the snowy cliff face to a body with the ring on it.
- Location Video
- Increases the wearers Vigor, Endurance, and Vitality by X points depending on what the user's stats are. The lower each stat is, the higher the bonus received.
- Because the increase to Vitality will also increase maximum equip load, wearing this ring can reduce the effectiveness of Flynn's Ring .
- For players with under 20 Vigor, Endurance, and Vitality, this ring provides a significantly greater increase to health, stamina and equip load than the Third Dragon Ring.
Ye olde prisoner's chain
does this ring work with mundane weapons? if my Vigor, Endurance, and Vitality are lower than my other stats and i put this ring on will my damage increase?
This ring has value at higher levels, too. At 1 million soul memory, it's 11 free levels on my 125 invader. It's an easy choice.
Also lovingly known as the Fourth Dragon Ring
Prisoner chain of ds2
Normal run-one of the weakest
Anything in between is a 50/50 as to if it’ll be any good to you or not
People who pump vigor will prolly find this ring lacking. But it's pretty sick if youre trying to stay around 1million soul memory for sunbroing.
Basically gives a free 18 level buff. Honestly sort of OP for mages or spellblade chars.
don't use it, don't use it at all
so this is what gundyrs chain is based off of!
It's my understanding that the placement of this ring is supposed to help players who have entered the Eleum Loyce unprepared but you are probably supposed to be a world-beater at this point in the game anyways... GG From.
Meh... i use a quality build (SL200 NG) and at at 20 vigor and 30 end i got only 120 health and 5 stamina...
So, the Crown of the Sunken King increases Endurance, Strength, Dexterity, Intelligence and Faith by 1, while reducing Vigor and Vitality by 1. This ring, meanwhile, increases Vigor, Endurance and Vitality. If those three stats are less than 93 (which is sorta insane) you gain 3 points.
So, does wearing both of them give you +1 to Strength, Dex, Int and Faith, and +2 to Vigor and (at least) Vitality and +4 to Endurance, at the cost of 8% more damage?
The lower your base stat, the more effective the ring becomes... Very good for SL1 runs... If combined with Third Dragon Ring, your 4x attacks with a Broadsword, becomes 5x (because of increased stamina)... Note tho, that it affects the damage given by Flynn's Ring negatively, due to Max Equip Load change.
It seems that From considered about the players who did SL1 runs, that's why they made those DLC items work like that... (Flynn's Ring, Ring of The Embedded gives more bonus, the lesser your base stats are)... Vessel Shield + Crown of the Sunken King + Dex/Str Rings allow you to wear more powerful weapons like Ice Rapier, etc, even you're SL1... They forgot to give a reward for SL1 playthrough tho (Like the ones you get when finishing no-bonfire/no-death runs).
No, it doesn't. When equipping the ring only the def stats Strike. Slash and Thrust are raised. Plus Vig, End and Vit, sure. The equipped weapon stats stay the same. Too lazy to learn how to read a table?
Is this really the case? This ring increases damage taken by a certain % but nowhere have I found it to increase the damage you output.