Sun Seal is a Ring in Dark Souls 2 (DKS2). Players can equip up to 4 Rings, but equipping two of the same item is not possible. Some rings have upgraded versions, having a maximum of +3. Some can only be found in NG+. Rings can be repaired at a blacksmith, but not upgraded. Upgraded versions must be acquired throughout the game from corpses, chests, bosses, etc.
Sun Seal Effects
- Covenant ring for Heirs of the Sun. Increases the strength of damaging Miracles by 5%
Sun Seal Locations
- Join the Heirs to the Sun in Harvest Valley
- Does not boost the damage of offensive hexes cast with a sacred chime.
- The 5% effect seems to not only scale with lightning damage and is affected by the tier of miracle used. For example Great lightning spear gains ~100 damage with 187 lightning damage and 53 faith using the dragon's chime fully upgraded but Sunlight Spear gains ~230 damage. (if it was only a flat 5% the expected damage increase would be between 25-60 damage). Overall a great ring even in NG++. (Gonna need more information and sources regarding these tests. I did my own testing and the results were consistently a 5% increase of damage regardless of the tier of miracle used. I can't provide video/screenshot proof myself but I did my own testing and recorded the numbers obtained multiple times from various end-game enemies. Without a source on that scaling/tier damage bonus there's no reason to believe that the damage boost is anything but a flat 5% increase. It might be different for PvP but it doesn't change that I was not getting a damage bonus higher than 5% against enemy mobs. This was tested on the PC version after v1.03 release.)
- Effect stacks with Lightning Clutch Ring.