Vanquisher's Seal is a Ring in Dark Souls 2 (DKS2). Players can equip up to 4 Rings, but equipping two of the same item is not possible. Some rings have upgraded versions, having a maximum of +3. Some can only be found in NG+. Rings can be repaired at a blacksmith, but not upgraded. Upgraded versions must be acquired throughout the game from corpses, chests, bosses, etc.
Vanquisher's Seal Effects
- Covenant ring for champions. Increases bare handed attack power.
- This ring increases the base damage of unarmed fists to 200 and increases the scaling to 75% of your ATK: Strength stat and 25% of your ATK: Dexterity stat. The damage is 280 at 20str/20dex. Caestus +10 are at 194 damage with the same str/dex. At 40str/dex the damage of your bare fists equals 340 and caestus are 272. The overall difference even with higher lvls of str and dex will be about a 60-80 damage difference with the winner being bare fists. The biggest difference is that caestus is buff-able and can inflict counter damage,while this ring weights much less than dual caestuses. It should also be noted that the vanquisher's seal's powerstanced moveset has higher starting and ending lag, making it less useful than it appears on paper.
Vanquisher's Seal Locations
- Company of Champions (Rank 3): Giving 50 Awestones to the altar in the Company of Champions
- You don't have to be in the Company of Champions to use this ring.
- Slower than the Caestus when using powerstance attacks.
- Does NOT work with Caestus or claws of any sort, although one can always carry a fist weapon on either hand and buff it combined with this ring.
- Can enable the Caestus power stance moveset for the left hand using the same method (Hold Y / Triangle). Caestus does not have to be dual wielded to enable this function.
- Since this ring weights much less than fist weapons, one can reduce carrying weight effectively with the help of this ring, it also costs no durability upon punching.
- Bone Fist powerstance strong attack does not drain the durability of this ring.
- Combines well with the Ring of Blades and Engraved Gauntlets.
Join the page discussion Tired of anon posting? Register!
when you finally unlock this ring, you can forget about all of your weapons
The best ring ever made
Ring of the true man
Thank you for your continuous sacrifices, Rhoy and Gunther. Hey, everyone say thanks to Rhoy and Gunther too.
This ring really worth my 2 hours(or 3) farming those guys. Unlike the useless Slumber ring. 1000dmg back massage baby~ Really good damage without needing to do much, punched my way through the entire game.
This ring + Havel's gauntlets = punching with solid rock with the damage to match
it's a travesty that this was left out of ds3, hope they add something like it in elden ring
This ring still works, even when it's broken. This can be useful for no bonfire runs if you don't have the weapons or repair powder.
Power of muda and ora
fist currently do 429 damage
The bonus unarmed damage applies to ladder warfare, by the way.
A ring to beat them all
say what you want about ds2, at least it had fun and unique ideas.
Well, at least in SotFS you do.
Just a note but you get an uppercut if you don't powerstance and then use an attack from the opposite hand as your 2nd or 3rd attack.
Having a scaling of about A/C, the Vanquisher's Seal is leagues above what you can do with the Caestus. At 15/10, the stats you need to power stance the Caestus, you're looking at 265 VS 173 damage. 50/10 moves this up to 330 VS 247. And yes, this does mean that the Ring scales by 65 while the Caestus does so by 74. This is because the ring scales at with 75/25 percent of your Str/Dex modifiers, while the A/A Caestus does so with 80/45 percent of the same modifiers. And no, those don't need to total 100%: they're taken from two different numbers. At 40/40 the Ring will be at 340 and at 50/50 it will be at 355. This is a massive amount of damage for a weapon that can attack this fast and with this little stamina drain, and you can melt some pretty tough dudes with it. Add in the Ring of Blades to become even more unstoppable, especially if you wear heavy armor or go beyond and put on Flynn's Ring. The downside is that this takes up heavy real estate on your fingers, so make sure to choose your additional rings wisely. Furthermore, your punches will still be unable to stagger a wet noodle so make sure you can either take a hit or roll out of the way if things get spicy. And while it's harder to get than the Caestus (bought from Melentia for 2k a pair) it can define your run.
Ultimate flynns ring build time
Beat Akinator with this item
Go to grave of saints first bonfire and use an ascetic. it doesn't affect the boss but makes Rhoy invade every time you rest. Awstones go straight into your inventory so you can just knock him off the edge 50times. killing him has a small chance to drop one aswell if you want to fight him. he invades when you are at the bottom of the ladder. My route was to spawn at second BF, drop down ladder hole, climb back up, run across bridge and hide around the corner, when he gets close pop out and hit hit 3 times at an angle with the wood axe or bandit axe 2handed attack with stone ring to knock him off. rest at second BF and repeat. easy. -LK
Does this stack with the unarmed bonus from dragon form?
does this work with the bone fist?
Perfect for my Chrono trigger Ayla build I made a year ago. And its an early game monster in pvp with or without a main hand Caestus, used it to pulp the hapless bell trespassers in the drangleic armour. Viable for twinking if you pick up the +8 caestus in brume tower, and the place even has free titanites you can pick up to upgrade armor
Enter the covenant, go to Doors of Pharros, there are 2 Mastodon guys to your left and to the right( u can also kill that 1 gyrm that comes from the direction where gavlaan will be for some chunks and mundane stones). They got a pretty decent droprate for awestones and if you got some lightning magic you do some hefty damage because they stand in the water.Had 50 after 1hr30 with some items discovery equipment. 10/10 Farming spot. Tested on Sotfs PS4
Would anyone be willing to trade one to me? I'm on ps4. My Gamer tag is KingGhidorah999.
It is nothing special to join there and you are completely more disadvantageous than enemies. Using bare hands you will die quickly when facing enemies. I always use greatsword because of its length. NG++ do not think the enemy will be paralyzed after your attack.
I was trying to max the champion covent, then I realized this prize doesn't suit my mage(and battle cleric), only suitable for fighters. The prize should have been something that benefits ANY class or build.
Ds2 is the only game that hass good punching weapons.
Awesome for a lvl 1 run!
Almost no weight, high power and speed (tho low range)
It could be a problem to get it but there are some ways to easily get awe stones