Vanquisher's Seal is a Ring in Dark Souls 2 (DKS2). Players can equip up to 4 Rings, but equipping two of the same item is not possible. Some rings have upgraded versions, having a maximum of +3. Some can only be found in NG+. Rings can be repaired at a blacksmith, but not upgraded. Upgraded versions must be acquired throughout the game from corpses, chests, bosses, etc.
Vanquisher's Seal Effects
- Covenant ring for champions. Increases bare handed attack power.
- This ring increases the base damage of unarmed fists to 200 and increases the scaling to 75% of your ATK: Strength stat and 25% of your ATK: Dexterity stat. The damage is 280 at 20str/20dex. Caestus +10 are at 194 damage with the same str/dex. At 40str/dex the damage of your bare fists equals 340 and caestus are 272. The overall difference even with higher lvls of str and dex will be about a 60-80 damage difference with the winner being bare fists. The biggest difference is that caestus is buff-able and can inflict counter damage,while this ring weights much less than dual caestuses. It should also be noted that the vanquisher's seal's powerstanced moveset has higher starting and ending lag, making it less useful than it appears on paper.
Vanquisher's Seal Locations
- You don't have to be in the Company of Champions to use this ring.
- Slower than the Caestus when using powerstance attacks.
- Does NOT work with Caestus or claws of any sort, although one can always carry a fist weapon on either hand and buff it combined with this ring.
- Can enable the Caestus power stance moveset for the left hand using the same method (Hold Y / Triangle). Caestus does not have to be dual wielded to enable this function.
- Since this ring weights much less than fist weapons, one can reduce carrying weight effectively with the help of this ring, it also costs no durability upon punching.
- Bone Fist powerstance strong attack does not drain the durability of this ring.
- Combines well with the Ring of Blades and Engraved Gauntlets.