|Requirements & Bonus|
Velstadt's Set is an Attire or Armor in Dark Souls 2. Armor sets do not provide specific benefits, so players are free to mix and match their preferred parts to optimize their Builds.
"Helmet/Armor/Gauntlets/Leggings worn by the Royal Aegis. Originally imbued with the power of miracles, now soaked with dark after extended exposure in the Undead Crypt.
A knight from a faraway land was lured to this accursed land, but forgot even why he came, eventually reduced to a shadow of his former self."
- Sold by Maughlin the Armourer (45,5k) once Velstadt, The Royal Aegis is defeated (spend 15k souls at Maughlin's shop to unlock boss armor sets).
- Upgraded with Twinkling Titanite.
- Upgraded stats are only 40% higher, not the usual 50%.
- Helm grants +1 to VIT and END.
- Helm offers second highest physical defenses (almost equal to those of Gyrm helm, regular Gyrm Warrior helm and Smelter Demon helm), except for strike defense, and second highest dark defense (almost equal to that of Executioner helm and Shadow mask).
- Chestpiece offers third highest dark defense (almost equal to that of Dark set chestpiece) – the highest among medium and heavy armor sets.
- If worn to the fight, Velstadt's helm will make Fume Knight furious at once – he'll go straight to second phase with his ultra greatsword buffed. Raime (Fume Knight) used to serve the king alongside Velstadt until their rivalry separated them (see Rebel's Greatshield description), which explains the reaction.
- Helm's design loosely resembles that of the helm worn by Garl Vinland in Demon's Souls.
Piece Information & Upgrades
First row = Regular. Second row = +5
|Name & Icon|
|Velstadt's Helm C 14 7.5 140|
|Velstadt's Armor A 33 15.2 140|
|Velstadt's Gauntlets C 14 5.0 140|
|Velstadt's Leggings C 16 7.2 140|
Join the page discussion Tired of anon posting? Register!
Guts: GRIIIFFFIIIIITTH | Raime: VEEELLLLSSTAAADDT
This is easily one of the best sets in the game. High physical defense and very high dark defense, especially once upgraded, helm gives VIT and END AND relatively light. Also one of the nicest looking sets. The Drakeblood set is my favorite in the game, but this comes close.
I always wear this helm as it grants you an extra point in VIT and END which is perfect for me because I love the heavy armor sets and having as much VIT and ADP as possible
I took 7 sets (Drangleic Set, Gyrm Warrior Set, Havel's Set, Looking Glass Set, Smelter Demon Set, Velstadt's Set, Vengarl's Set) and added all the defensive stats of each piece then divided by their respective weight value. Velstadt's Set is the most efficient, not to mention that it looks cool and the helm adds +1 to VIT and END. Seems like great value, I might finally drop the Drangleic set for my knight melee run.
This set with one of the crowns is the peak of fashion souls.
garl vinland vibes
looks great with imported hood
It doesn't appear, and I've spent more than 15,5k souls
The helm resembles Girl Vinland because they blatantly recycled the idea of a religious royal protector using a great hammer and golden heavy armour
The Helmet looks somewhat like the Garl Vinland helmet.