Weaponsmith Ornifex is an NPC in Dark Souls 2.
Weaponsmith Ornifex Information
- One of the two NPCs able to trade Boss Souls, the other is Straid of Olaphis
- The first boss soul that you trade with her will be free.
Shaded Woods. From the Shaded Ruins bonfire, she is found locked in an underground cave, below the false floor. Requires the Fang Key from the petrified lion statue near the bonfire to free her. You must exhaust all of her dialogue to get her to move.
Brightstone Cove Tseldora. Will move here once freed. In the room with many statues. Next to the Lower Brightstone Cove bonfire.
|Amber Herb||10 (Unlimited after you kill Nashandra) (SOFS - limited amount even after NG+)||1600|
|Green Blossom||10 (Unlimited after you kill Nashandra)||1300|
|Homing Soul Arrow||1||6500|
|Homing Soul Mass||1||6000|
- When saved in Shaded Ruins
- Thank you for helping me.
I am Ornifex.
I owe you some form of thanks, but have nothing for you at the moment.
If it would not trouble you, could you visit my abode just down the way?
- Thank you, kind traveller.
I believe that I can be of assistance if you would visit me at my home.
- When first met in Brighstone Cove
- Oh, we meet again, kind traveller.
This is my workshop.
In your tongue, I believe I would be called a blacksmith.
I create all manner of equipment, using an ancient technique unique to my…people.
Normally I only cater to a very select few…
But I have a debt to you. I will craft one thing of your choice.
My wares are far from ordinary.
I am certain that they will please you.
I require no payment this time. But you must bring me a Wondrous Soul.
My technique absolutely requires it. I trust you will understand.
- If you provide a Wondrous Soul, I will create one thing of your choice.
I require no payment this time. It is my way of saying thanks.
- When talking to open interaction menu
What do you desire?
Do you have a Wondrous Soul?
Hello there. Do you have a Wondrous Soul?
Hello there. What can I do for you?
- When leaving, having used her services
Come back again if you find another soul.
- When leaving, having not used her services
Come again, if it please you.
- When walking off without closing the menu
- Use 'Talk' option
- The nature of an item is greatly influenced by the soul that was used to create it.
They can be tricky to use, but when wielded properly, are extremely powerful.
This is what I meant by unique. These wares are not for use by ordinary folk.
- It's hard to believe now, but this land was once a flourishing kingdom.
Its king, Vendrick, came close to unlocking the essence of the soul.
What a dazzling soul he surely had…
Imagine what I might create with such a powerful soul…
- It is said that our technique originates from a strange being that inhabited this land.
A pale beast that lived long, long ago. We don't even know what exactly it was.
If you find a Wondrous Soul, bring it by for me to have a look.
- Do you find me strange? Skee hee.
You humans are always this way. The way you glare at any unfamiliar creature.
That mix of curiosity, fear, and revulsion.
Oh, well. It hardly concerns me.
- When attacked but not aggroed
What are you…!
- When attacked and aggroed
Oh, as you please…
- When killing the player
What a bother.
- When re-encountered after aggroing
- When attacked and health is under 50%
- When killed
You humans are all alike…
May we meet again.
- Her model, textures, death sound and animation as well as idle animations are almost, if not completely identical to those of the Crow Demons from the Painted World of Ariamis in Dark Souls.