Dragon Scale is a multiplayer & Covenant item in Dark Souls 2.
"A scale from the body of an ancient dragon.
Offer to the dragon to bring your own flesh
closer to that of the eternal ancient dragon.
Touching an ancient dragon scale
gives one a glimpse into the abyss.
Believers in the dragon will rise above
this petty corporeal existence."
- Turn in Dragon Scales to gain rank in the Dragon Remnants covenant
- Unlike Dark Souls 1's counterpart, this one is not weapon upgrading material.
||Dragon Eye, Ancient Dragon Seal
||10 Dragon Scales
||Dragon Head Stone
||20 Dragon Scales
||Dragon Torso Stone
||30 Dragon Scales
||Black Dragon Greatsword
- Rare drop from Black Dragon Knights before Ancient Dragon
- Rare drop from Dragonfang Villard
- Acquire by invading world of another player, using the Dragon Eye, and defeating the player.
- Summoning a member of the Dragon Remnants covenant as an invader (using the Dragon Eye) and defeating them.
- On a body near the elevator found after defeating the Guardian Dragon in Aldia's Keep.
- You can actually farm the scales here without doing any PVP. Using a bonfire ascetic will respawn the Dragon Scale, but you will have to defeat the Guardian Dragon again. (Note: You can use a bonfire ascetic in Aldia's Keep, teleport to the eyrie bonfire, and simply go back down the elevator to get a new scale. Edit, As of Sotfs you must kill the guardian dragon to burn another Ascetic.)
- The Imperfect near the third bonfire of Dragon's Sanctum