Mobile view and Sortable Weapons tables in the Weapons Sortable page!
Developed by From Software, Dark Souls 2 is a sequel to the critically acclaimed Dark Souls, an action RPG with estimated sales of over 1.5 million units. The original game's appeal lay with its renowned difficulty and trial-and-error approach, one that Dark Souls 2 promises to sustain.
As of the 24th of March, 100 million souls have died on PS3, and 35 million souls have died on Xbox 360.
Regarding The Software
- The game is not a direct sequel to Dark Souls.
- As the game's protagonist, the players will embark on a journey to remove from themselves the affliction of a curse.
- Bonfires and covenants return, as do gestures.
- The difficulty level will remain, with the focus staying on learning from death to overcome challenges. The variety in ways to die has been prioritized but the focus is still on fairness.
- Story is presented in the same fashion as Demon's and Dark, unobtrusive and discoverable by players who wish to dig deeper.
- A new graphics engine was created to address frame-rate issues and give the development team an extra tool in creating atmosphere. PC will run at 60 fps and Console versions will run at 30 fps.