Flynn's Ring is an attack boosting ring in Dark Souls 2.
| "Ring of Flynn, the infamous thief.
Utilizes the strength of the wind, such that lower equip load proportionally increases physical attack.
Flynn was known as a tiny fighter who packed a mighty punch.
Even the most skilled warriors in the land failed to capture him."
- Grants the user bonus physical attack based on their maximum Equip Load stat (Flat value of the amount of pounds you can carry. NOT the percentage of your burden).
- The lower the user's Equip Load is, the higher the damage bonus, with a max cap of +50 AR.
- You will get the cap of the damage bonus of +50 AR as long as your maximum Equip Load is under 60.0 units. (10 Vit +Third Dragon Ring)
- Does not affect bows or backstabs\ripostes.
- Has its effect reduced by certain infusions like the Ring of Blades
- Durability: 30
Can be found in an iron chest in Dragon's Sanctum after falling through the gap in the stairs and then taking a left, dropping down into the room with the Corrosive Egg Crawlers then going up a ladder.
|Regular||DLC Crown of the Sunken King|
|Ring + 1||N/A|
- Due to the fact that this ring gives a flat damage bonus it works best with fast weapons, so that the player may proc the bonus damage as often as possible for the greatest benefit
- Similar to the Ring of Blades, however its overall bonus is governed by your max equip load stat, and is most useful with minimal to no investment in Vitality. In addition, certain infusions will reduce the bonus damage you receive from the ring. For now it can be assumed that it is working the same way as the Ring of Blades is, and the reductions are respectively the same.
- Because rings like the Third Dragon Ring and the Royal Soldier's Ring affect your max equip load stat (Vitality), they can also negatively affect the bonus of the ring. This depends on how many points you've invested in Vitality.
- There is a cap for the ring's effect, a point where increasing your max equip load (Vitality) will BEGIN to negatively effect the ring's bonus, and a point where the bonus does not increase by lowering your equip load any further. This cap is exactly 60 equip load, it would seem. Any higher and you will see a loss in damage, any lower and you will see no extra bonus in damage.
- Unfortunately, there is no way for you to have exactly 60 equip load, but the closest you can get is 60.2, which only gives you a loss of only 1 point of physical damage. This can be achieved by having 10 Vitality, and the Third Dragon Ring equipped. This is probably the most effective way to use this ring if you really need the extra equip load. Note that if you intend to use both Flynn's Ring and Third Dragon Ring that the bandit class will push you past the 60 equip load as they start with 11 vitality.
- Removing armor or decreasing your weight will not add to the bonus of the ring. This is because the ring works off of your max equip load stat, and not your character's current equip burden.
- It has been confirmed not to affect bows, as well as backstabs and ripostes. Furthermore, the ring will only give you an added damage bonus when you are scoring direct hits on people with a melee weapon. (It is unknown if this affects counter-hits aswell.)