Ring of Life Protection is a special protection ring in Dark Souls 2.
| "Divine ring that watches over one's life.
Created by the students of Ivory Rhones,
sage of Lindelt
It's great protective power will protect you
from any loss upon death, but after
its power is spent, the ring will break."
- Nullifies death, but breaks.
- Durability: 340
- Weight: 1.0
- No Man's Wharf - Note: replaced with 3x Human Effigies on SotFS
- Shaded Woods - Note: Replaced with Golden Falcon Shield in SotFS
- Felkin the Outcast - Purchase for 6000 souls once per playthrough.
- You will retain souls and humanity upon death. You may, however, still be cursed and thus lose your humanity even if you don't die (for example during the Nashandra boss fight).
- You may also treat this as a method of taking off Black Dragon Set as it requires dying (but not necessary to be hollowing) to take off the armor.
- This ring CAN be repaired at a blacksmith for 14000 souls in SotFS version. This makes it a very useful way of remaining human without burning through your Human Effigies. Essentially, this ring allows you to purchase unlimited human effigies for 14000 souls in SotFS version, with an added bonus of not having to retrieve your souls.
- If you die without this ring equipped, you can equip it, and essentially die a second time and your original bloodstain will NOT disappear except if you died when you're invading as Red Phantom. This is most likely because you are not dropping a new bloodstain when you die with this ring on. This also applies to the Ring of Soul Protection. This is a great way to retrieve souls if you do not want to wear this ring 100% of the time, and instead simply equip it when it's needed.