Black Hollow Mage Set is an Attire or Armor in Dark Souls 2.
|Requirements & Bonus|
"Hood/Robe worn by Hollowed Drangleic mages.
Drangleic mages wore different garb depending on their sex. What function this served, however, is unknown, as with many old practices. This is a women's hood/robe. "
- Starting equipment of Sorcerer class (robe only).
- Dropped by Necromancers in Huntsman's Copse and Undead Purgatory (no respawn outside of boss fight arena).
- Hood is also dropped by Astrologists in Iron Passage.
- Upgraded with regular Titanite.
- Hood grants +1 to INT.
- Hood offers second highest magic defense (almost equal to that of White Hollow Mage hood and Black Witch Veil).
- Male variant is White Hollow Set.
- Hood is inferior and heavier than the white hood despite being rare, while the black robe is better than the white robe despite being heavier.
- Carhillion of the Fold wears this robe (without hood) regardless the fact it is a women's robe.
- It is indicated that the necromancers in Huntsman's Copse are female; it can be identified by the mask.
- The mask is skinned from the Necromancer's face, without lower jaw.
- The robe is their full height according to concept arts, that's why they have no trousers for this set. You can actually see a White Hollow Mage trotting under the robe in Brightstone Cove Tseldora, next to third bonfire.
- Farming the set is possible in Undead Purgatory, by escaping and re-entering Executioner's Chariot boss fight.
First row = Regular. Second row = +10
|Name & Icon|
|Black Hollow Mage Hood E 0 1.9 50|
|Black Hollow Mage Robe B 0 3.3 50|