King's Ring is a Ring in Dark Souls 2.
| "A soul is much like a curse. And those with strong souls must bear within themselves an even stronger curse.
Vendrick, King of Drangleic, used a powerful soul to keep the curse at bay. In the end, he sought the flame that began it all.
Wear the ring to open the King's Gate."
- Opens the King's Gate doors located in Drangleic Castle (near first bonfire), Forest of Fallen Giants (at the bottom of the ladder near the second bonfire), and Shaded Woods (Up the middle path near the Ruined Forked Road bonfire)
- Also adds slight damage boost of +5 to Pyromancy Flame & Black Witch's Staff, adds damage to fire based weapons. Any weapon or catalyst that deals fire damage is given the +5 bonus. In most cases within NG+, you will only see a +1 AR difference if whatever you're using to attack has more than one damage output. (ie fire and lightning).
- Increases damage of pyromancies by 0.5-1%
- Best to be paired with +5 Penal Handcuffs.
- In SOTFS HD when you equip the ring it seems the statues in drangleic castle aren't hostile.
- Durability: 110
- Weight: 0.2
- King Vendrick will be walking around near the ring. He will not be hostile towards the player. Attacking with massive amounts of damage will cause him to turn hostile and engage a boss fight which will put up a fog wall at the entrance. If the player dies a new fog wall will be infront of the room which houses King Vendrick.
- Talking to the old firekeeper in Things Betwixt with the ring on will net 6 Human Effigies (The ring is not needed for this). If soul level 1 then she will not give the effigies and will only say to "go along now."
- Talking to Grave Warden Agdayne after getting the ring will net Agdayne's armor and the Darkdrift katana.
- Ring is removed from player's inventory upon entering a new game cycle.
- Upon obtaining the ring, Stone Trader Chloanne will sell various infusion stones.