Ring of Life Protection
Ring of Life Protection is a Ring in Dark Souls 2 (DKS2). Players can equip up to 4 Rings, but equipping two of the same item is not possible. Some rings have upgraded versions, having a maximum of +3. Some can only be found in NG+. Rings can be repaired at a blacksmith, but not upgraded. Upgraded versions must be acquired throughout the game from corpses, chests, bosses, etc.
Ring of Life Protection Effects
Do not turn Hollow or lose Souls upon death. Will not prevent death by petrification, but dying from petrification while wearing the ring will still retain all souls and human form. Breaks when activated but can be repaired for 3000 Souls. *Note: If you are cursed while wearing this ring, you will turn hollow but the ring will not break. You will need to spend one Human Effigy (or other ways of regaining humanity) to return to human form.
Ring of Life Protection Locations
- No Man's Wharf - Note: replaced with 3x Human Effigies on SotFS
- Shaded Woods - Note: Replaced with Golden Falcon Shield in SotFS
- Felkin the Outcast- Purchase for 6000 souls once per playthrough. Note: you must have 8+ Intelligence and 8+ Faith to buy items from Felkin. If you don't meet those requirements, try the Ring of Soul Protection instead.
- You will retain souls and humanity upon death. You may, however, still be cursed and thus lose your humanity even if you don't die (for example during the Nashandra boss fight).
- You may also treat this as a method of taking off Black Dragon Set as it requires dying (but not necessary to be hollowing) to take off the armor.
- This ring CAN be repaired at a blacksmith for 14000 souls in SotFS version. This makes it a very useful way of remaining human without burning through your Human Effigies. Essentially, this ring allows you to purchase unlimited human effigies for 14000 souls in SotFS version, with an added bonus of not having to retrieve your souls.
- If you die without this ring equipped, you can equip it, and essentially die a second time and your original bloodstain will NOT disappear except if you died when you're invading as Red Phantom. This is most likely because you are not dropping a new bloodstain when you die with this ring on. This also applies to the Ring of Soul Protection. This is a great way to retrieve souls if you do not want to wear this ring 100% of the time, and instead simply equip it when it's needed.